Never again

Never again

A Poem by Jack...

 

 

 

 

Never again

 

In between the doubts and tears forms a founded thought…

scribbles on an old shipyard memo pad

tapping the inside of my skull, waking me…even though I don’t sleep,

offering a collection of dots and dashes to interpret

 

There are times in a man’s life when he knows he is sane…

Following the lines on an unpaved road

Crossing center without moving a muscle

Drinking from the fountain that bleeds rejoice

 

It is in these moments that he understands…

and removes the stupidity that has clothed him in rags

opens his eyes to what truly makes him happy,

breaks free of those past tense chains that bound him

 

What mattered does and what didn’t still doesn't…

When thumbing through crooked paragraphs

and finding that the phrases he thought he lost

were dangling from every crumbled page…waiting

 

Time does move in slug path wanderings…

Sidewalks glisten in zigzag designs

Drying in the mid day sun as

minutes appear as miniature renditions of the future

 

And as this time does slowly find me…

I extend my heart in fluttering palpitations of hope

strike the match on promises that I know I can keep

attempting to quell the flames of the past by swearing…never again.

 

 

© 2014 Jack...


Author's Note

Jack...
Thank you for reading

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You had me with the first line my friend...I knew I was going to relate to this right off the hop. I have tons of shipyard scribbles around here and they are indeed tapping on my skull these days...even though I don't sleep. Yes it is been a very dry period for me which you may have noticed from lack of requests, and this piece seems to reflect a lot of the things that swirl in my mind in times of the block. I've also been trying to figure out what truly makes me happy...should be the most logical and easiest thing for the mind to comprehend right? Yet I'm still devoid of answers. But as with all of your pieces, it brings many interpretations to mind though soul-searching is always one of the primary things I usually take from you work...and I do lots of that. Sterling work my friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

10 Years Ago

Haha.... ;P
s y e

10 Years Ago

This was a 'sterling' review. ;-)
Jack...

10 Years Ago

I will agree then...a sterling review. Thanks so very much Steve. I am thrilled you could relate to .. read more



Reviews

I love the photo that you have included with your writing.
This so touching and deep with emotions.
NEVER AGAIN....WILL IT BE TRUE?

never AGAIN IS WHAT YOU SAY, BUT CAN YOU HOLD TO IT?

THANKS FOR SHARING!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thanks so very much Josie...yes indeed, the photo was a little peace offering.
Josie E. Cook M. A.

10 Years Ago

U r welcome, Jack and the message is clear.
I'm hoping this poem means you've reconciled yourself with peace of mind now. It's is obvious there was a bout with torment and the struggle to free oneself of the despair that had a strong hold or vice grip on consciousness. I've been there..you wish you could almost sleep through and wake up to a clearer heart. Wonderful write as usual Jack.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thanks so very much my friend. You can say I have been enlightened...
Oh wow Jack, this is simply beyond words. I am totally speechless, you're so good... actually, more than that, super duper fantastic!

Wow, I am blown away, think I am near Texas? :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Well make sure you stop in and say howdy my friend. Thanks so much Sye.
This is so amazing, it seems dark and foreboding yet somehow uplifting.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thank you KL. I appreciate your kindness.
Definitely saving this as one of my favorites. Wow, Jack. Just, wow. This is so amazing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thank you so very much my friend.
A powerful confessional write full of truth and relevancy to life...Breaking free from the past, from ignorance, from hurt and pain and even wanton desires that are impossible to come into fruition is a liberating experience and a springboard to the future...A sad but wonderful write Jack...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thanks so very much Sami. I appreciate you.
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

You are welcome...:).....................
Jack this one is going in my libary, a true master piece and Jack this work of your's shows.....you my friend are a true genius. Thank you

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much my friend, too many more of your reviews and I'll need a bigger hat.
A. Amos

10 Years Ago

You're most welcome my friend
You had me with the first line my friend...I knew I was going to relate to this right off the hop. I have tons of shipyard scribbles around here and they are indeed tapping on my skull these days...even though I don't sleep. Yes it is been a very dry period for me which you may have noticed from lack of requests, and this piece seems to reflect a lot of the things that swirl in my mind in times of the block. I've also been trying to figure out what truly makes me happy...should be the most logical and easiest thing for the mind to comprehend right? Yet I'm still devoid of answers. But as with all of your pieces, it brings many interpretations to mind though soul-searching is always one of the primary things I usually take from you work...and I do lots of that. Sterling work my friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

10 Years Ago

Haha.... ;P
s y e

10 Years Ago

This was a 'sterling' review. ;-)
Jack...

10 Years Ago

I will agree then...a sterling review. Thanks so very much Steve. I am thrilled you could relate to .. read more

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

543 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on February 10, 2014
Last Updated on February 24, 2014

Author

Jack...
Jack...

San Antonio, TX



About
Not much to tell about me, I am just Jack, I am a poet, a writer, a musician, a painter, a builder and a dreamer. I live in south Texas but am originally from New Jersey and miss it more and more all .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Downfall Downfall

A Poem by A. Amos