Stoned Stupidity

Stoned Stupidity

A Poem by Jack...
"

Yes I am....

"

Stoned Stupidity

 

It is within this rock I sit

Encased in regret, solidified guilt mortality

Hurt friend’s tear drops etch’d

Dead for all sense and purpose

Shifting on ancient sand’s sorrow

Blistered by dire gale forces breathing

Stoic between cracks in the lies

Weathering at rapid paces of mistaken footsteps

A mausoleum of loneliness

Branded with hot iron’d deceptions

Deafened of heartbreak earthquake tremors

Hammer and chiseled contaminates

Crushed bits of worthless rubble

Scattered in anguish’d apologies

Stoned by stupidity…

 

…dust on the wind

© 2014 Jack...


Author's Note

Jack...
Thank you for reading

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sometimes tis better and wiser to just sit quietly, letting the wild world of thoughts and all pass by.. long term, long sigh. Works for me, these days. Just remember tween all that emotion that you're as human as most and far, far more human than that rock!

Glad to see you back, Peace, light.. and starshine.

Posted 10 Years Ago


we all make mistakes...we can atone only so long, residing within our stone...but forgiveness starts with forgiving ourselves....

the stone can move, or be moved...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

I suppose you are right Jacob, but forgiving myself has proved to be a difficult stone to move.
Crushed bits of worthless rubble
Scattered in anguish’d apologies
Stoned by stupidity…

…dust on the wind

Believing does not make one stupid, Jack. It makes one brave … betraying the trust of one who gives you love is stupid. You are one of the wisest men I know. You show us that everyday.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Pryde, thank you, but I am not as wise as you make me out to be. Stupid fits me nicely.
Regret and conscience eat us into stagnant shadows of ourselves.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Indeed it does and this guilt is having a feast on me. Thanks so much Rachelle
Stupidity will get you every time Jack... I feel the pain and heart felt apology in your words, but in our virtual world, it is even more difficult to show and act on the pain we cause others... and that is even more important than the words, the way we act towards one another... hopefully the one you hurt can actually see and feel that you are yes, sorry, but also willing to change and learn how to be a better person... it is too late to take back what was done and said, but it is never too late to be a better man, better human being.. I for one have confidence that you can Jack, partly because of the poem you have written and partly cause it takes a good person to admit they are wrong, have cause pain in someone dear to them and are willing to do better... look them in the eyes and reveal your heart... and I think these are the things that are so lacking in the world today..

guess this comment is rather convoluted, but I know this pain all too well, There are many mornings I wake with this guilt that I have caused so much pain... in a society that pits us against each other, it is very hard to come together equally, even with those we care and love most deeply.. I think in this case it is us who should thank you for writing this poem.. ~~redzone

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Mr. Redzone, you have understood completely my meaning. The regret is so large in me that it makes i.. read more
This is extremely sad but I love how honest you are in your poetry. You never really seem to hold anything back, and that is something I feel adds to being a great writer.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thanks Brittany, but honesty it seems is not one of my strong suits. I appreciate your kindness.
My dear sweet friend, this is a painful read for me... I wanted to cry with you, and shed my tears but at the same time I want to wipe away your tears and tell you everything is going to be okay, and I know it will... we all do make mistakes, no one is perfect because if we were perfect life would boring and weird and kind of pointless in a way. We're human and even though we hurt the ones who mean the world and more, we will find countless ways to say I am sorry and show them how much they mean to us and how much we love them.

// A mausoleum of loneliness
Branded with hot iron’d deceptions
Deafened of heartbreak earthquake tremors
Hammer and chiseled contaminates //

This just about killed me Jack... I cannot explain in words how much this affected me. You're strong Jack, you may not feel it but you are, we all know you are and we are here to pick you up when you want to fall, when you feel that life is closing in on you. It's what friends do, we stick by each other through thick and thin.

I hope everything looks up my friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Maybe we are all worms and dust... It is true. TO A POINT.
We are the dust infused with the Spirit of our Creator Jack. IMO...
You are the dust of a stained glass artifact of life, truth and love.
By creating such a sorrowful and humble write you show you are far more than a stone to trip up the cosmos.
You disprove your own proclamation by the act of confessing your heart here...
I love your honesty and exposed heart here Jack! Well penned.

Posted 10 Years Ago


 David Scott

10 Years Ago

I am so happy to be a friend to you Jack. Let me know if I can help your heart heal in any way. I .. read more
Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thanks David but just so you know...the "Stoned" in the title doesn't apply to me, the "Stupidity" d.. read more
 David Scott

10 Years Ago

I think I understand a little... ;)
Glad your profile is up and running.
Sometimes it is unfortunate that what we feel is a friendship doesn't appear so friendly. Over the past few years I've obtained many friendships only to find that it wasn't as it seemed. When the mettle of those relationships are tested is when you find out whether a person is truly in your corner. If when these moments arise the two of you can't sit down and resolve the problem and you've done all you could on your part to make amends then more often than not the friendship won't survive and all you can do is wish them well and let it go but most importantly forgive yourself once you've realized you have exhausted your effort to make it work. I had to end 4 what I now realize were more like acquaintances over the last seven years and let me tell you...I saw them coming. Forgive yourself too Jack your poem is a testimony of your sorrow and it was done so graciously. Remorse these days are a rarity which is beautiful and a sign that you are obviously a kind person.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Shirlena, I too have come across many acquaintances which I had hopes of becoming good friends that .. read more
Shirlena

10 Years Ago

Well you're welcomed. I feel for you. It is obvious that you are suffering which let's me know that .. read more
Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thank you Shirlena, but there will never be "enough" in what I give to repair this weakened foundati.. read more
Yes, but this awareness is sooooo sweet:

Stone

Somewhere lies a stone
forlorn and alone
where, sand, dust, and bone
moan, and moan, and moan.


Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much. The alone is the hardest part.
Aethereal

10 Years Ago

Where there's nothing, nothing's needed. Tranquility is to be found in every wilderness.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

454 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on February 19, 2014
Last Updated on February 20, 2014

Author

Jack...
Jack...

San Antonio, TX



About
Not much to tell about me, I am just Jack, I am a poet, a writer, a musician, a painter, a builder and a dreamer. I live in south Texas but am originally from New Jersey and miss it more and more all .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ashen Ashen

A Poem by Sami Khalil


Imagine Imagine

A Poem by Chris Micha