Sorrowed Flowers

Sorrowed Flowers

A Poem by Jack...

Sorrowed Flowers

 

Falling beneath dark skies

No sunlight finds my face

Lost within bramble and prickly thorn

Tearing at my heart, shredding tiny pieces

What little remains that I can feel

Broken branches splinter

Wilted blooms release no scent

Diluted hydrangea tear drops

Weeping of loss, never ending

Transparent silhouette faintly flutters

A butterfly fades into the shadows

Disappearing from this place

Where my smile once bloomed

As I cry with the sorrowed flowers…

 

© 2014 Jack...


Author's Note

Jack...
Thank you for reading

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I'm pretty sure if you came to Scotland and spent time with the Noodle I bet I could make you smile even if it is for 2 minutes. We're not always happy Jack, we do have our bad days... we have the days where all we want to do is die in a hole but we have people around us who will always be there for us, there to send huggles and love; there to tell you how important you are to everyone and them.

I'm going to make you smile... somehow, I will find a way.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thanks so very much my sweet friend. Your review of my work has done just that...smiling.


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

A great poem with a sorrowful yet beautiful charm, and a masterful grasp of artistry, and words. Great poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Even, in your sorrow, Jack, you have created literary magic, with your usage of the flower's petals, as a metaphor, for it. A very rare gift, so few people have, but you have it, in spades.

I wish I could take away the pain that causes you, to feel this way, Jack. Allowing you, to shine, with the inner strength, you have shared, with me and others, in the past. Thank you, for your caring heart.

Posted 10 Years Ago


therisa

10 Years Ago

Your welcome, Jack.
Jack...

10 Years Ago

Truly Therisa, I really want to thank you for always being so kind to me and for your friendship. It.. read more
therisa

10 Years Ago

Just returning the love, you have given me. Knowing, if the roles were reversed, I would be thanking.. read more
There has been much alienation in loneliness in your recent work Jack, but you know I relate wholeheartedly. If only tears could restore the bloom to those sorrowed flowers...wilted blooms release no scent...the irony of flowers, how they can paint a splintering peace of mind with their colours of consolation, but only for the most limited of time. Like a butterfly they are slaves of a short life expectancy, yet we'll never truly decipher the dialogue of nature...are they reminding us that life is short, and that we should relish the colours of the flowers and the gracefulness of the butterflies while they live? I don't know really, but I can tell you that you've never spoken my language with the precision that you have as of late, which is saying something in light of how highly I regard your entire catalogue. You have done it for me again my friend...splendid write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much my friend. I really wish I had written your review instead of my poem...that was simp.. read more
kublakhan27

10 Years Ago

Inspired reviews are only made possible by inspired poetry...always a pleasure Jack.
On point for how sorrow feels, we can never know what other's sorrows feels like, we can't share in their pain either, we each cry our own sorrowed petals, waiting for them to make sense and come together once again. Affecting read Jack.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much my friend. Perhaps we can't share in another's sorrow, but that doesn't explain why i.. read more
Frieda P

10 Years Ago

I'm not saying we can't have empathy and compassion surely helps heal, it's just not the same....
Jack...

10 Years Ago

You are correct my friend. None of us truly knows the pain another experiences...it still hurts.
You do something with simple things like flowers and turn it into something bigger. I love when people take something from nature and convey their feelings and thoughts is a way that allows the reader to smile and feel the sadness at the same time. "Diluted hydrangea tear drops" - my favorite. Thank you for sharing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and leaving such a nice comment on my poem. I appreciate you.
The image of those sorrowed flowers... so melancholy yet so beautiful, Jack. This piece has me longing for Spring even more - so the flowers can smile once again.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much Rita. Yes, it won't be long. I watched a piece on TV about the Philadelphia Flower Sh.. read more
Beautifully somber Jack...a touching piece xoxo

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much my sweet friend.
This is such a sad, sweet poem. Sorrow can be like brambles, tearing at your heart. I like the comparisons in this poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thank you so very much my new friend. I am thrilled you enjoy my little piece of sorrow.
I have felt this way a lot lately. It's like you wrote out my own feelings. Great job.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Sorry to hear that Brittany. Thank you for stopping by today. I hope your smile returns soon.
WOW! LOOOVE this and how it's crafted so well.

Once the flower dies, we seem to die with it. Never as bold as were with such happiness. Vibrancy lost within the thorns that lay to remain. Hurt by each prick, losing vitality with each lose...

@{/:o)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thanks so very much my good friend. I appreciate you.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

694 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on March 10, 2014
Last Updated on March 10, 2014

Author

Jack...
Jack...

San Antonio, TX



About
Not much to tell about me, I am just Jack, I am a poet, a writer, a musician, a painter, a builder and a dreamer. I live in south Texas but am originally from New Jersey and miss it more and more all .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Fairy Song Fairy Song

A Poem by Jack...