on the inside

on the inside

A Story by alamora
"

do you really ever know someone???

"

I want to start with a simple question. How well do you know the people in your life? Do you really know them or are you just oblivious to what is going on in them because you are too occupied with your own wants and your own worries for this crumbling world.

 

I came to school every day thinking that all my friends were happy, that there wasn’t a single thing wrong in their lives. It was only when my best friend broke down and cried that I realized that something was wrong. She always had a happy-go-lucky personality that would bring any room she was in to life. She always had a smile on her face and laughed all the time. But, when she came up to me asking for something as simple as a hug, I knew something was wrong.

 

She told me things she had never told anyone else in the world; things that no rumor or gossip would ever dare tell. She told me how her father had died 3 years ago and how she hated her step-dad. She told me how she felt like the weight of the world was on her shoulders and that she was meant to carry the burden on her own. She felt like she needed to be strong for her younger siblings, but there was no one to be strong for her.

I think what hit me the hardest was when she said that she didn’t trust or form connections with people well. I had always thought she had trusted me with her life, and that we had been fast friends, but when I looked back I realized that there had always been a barrier separating us. A barrier that neither of us were able to break down or wear out. She never told anyone any of her secrets and whenever we had hung out together it had been at my house, so that I never had to meet her family. When we had met for the first time it had been me who went up to her, and even then she had been extremely shy.

 

The very thought that my friend felt that way about life tore me to pieces. I had always thought that stuff like this only happened in movies, that these things were just a Hollywood scam to get more money. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think it was real, or that my friends might be going through this type of thing every day. Even now I can’t believe I didn’t see it. It was so obvious and yet I had chosen not to. I had chosen to ignore the signs that were screaming my name over and over again trying to get my attention.

 

Now when I walk down the halls of my beloved school, I don’t look at the happy faces, I don’t pay attention to the giddy laughs, or the hugs I know are there. Instead I look for that one person standing out in the crowd. The one person you think has it all, but is actually dying on the inside.

© 2012 alamora


Author's Note

alamora
i know im not the best speller and my grammer can be bad and i apolijyze for that ahead of time. i do want to get stronger in that and i will take any help i can get.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really insightful. It'll make people really think about what's going on behind the front. I hope you write more. I would look forward to reading it. This is amazing.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 12, 2012
Last Updated on June 12, 2012
Tags: inside, on, on the inside, hope, help

Author

alamora
alamora

About
so i have been writing for just under 1 year. im 13 years old and im in 9th grade. i am also on wattpad and figment so i have all my storys posted on both as well. i would really love feedback on my w.. more..