The Page

The Page

A Poem by jadecg

Sometimes you sit and stare at a blank canvas or piece of paper or an open document.
You just sit there and stare, hoping that it will magically fill itself with a beautiful piece of artwork or a flawlessly written story, but sadly it never comes.
Instead you just sit there, the paper or screen staring back you.
You think of a million other things you could be doing but you can’t help but stare.
Maybe some inspiration will come.
Maybe it will just flow from your fingertips onto the page.
Maybe if you wait long enough something will finally appear.
Nothing happens.
The page is calling to you, wanting you to make it up, draw on it, and write a few words, anything so it isn’t blank anymore, but nothing happens and you’re stuck with a blank page staring back at you.

© 2014 jadecg


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I've definitely had this feeling before! I like the way you put it, that darn blank page... :P Hoping that it'll magically fill up with all these brilliant ideas, fuming silently as it mocks me for my inability to transfer any of what's in my head onto it... :0 Very relatable, great writing!! :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Yes I agree with this, sometimes just writing random thoughts may help you get out of this cycle of trying to just wait. The longer you stare and wait, the longer it will probably never come. A nice poem talking about writers block, I think all writers have probably done this at one time or another, but sometimes writing those pieces that we think are awful may lead us to an idea.

Good Job

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 2, 2014
Last Updated on August 2, 2014

Author

jadecg
jadecg

Waukee, IA



About
I am in high school. Both my parents enjoy reading and writing. I'm torn between going to college for writing or in a STEM field. My favorite thing to write about is realistic fiction, poetry, or fant.. more..

Writing
I love him I love him

A Poem by jadecg


All de chapters All de chapters

A Chapter by jadecg