Not it's all clear

Not it's all clear

A Poem by Jake Xingu

I've figured it out! You just need to listen to me, ok? Ok, ok, ok. Talk to me here, what are we doing, right? We're living, ok? So, because we're living we have a choice to make. We have to choose what path to take in life. I've got it now, it's coming in loud and clear, s**t no I lost it. We've got this choice to make, ok. So we're making this choice. Some people make it right away, from a very early age. Some people spend their whole lives trying to figure out which answer to give. Some people never give an answer. Now, you may be wondering "What is my path?" F**k that, no, don't worry about that. What you should be worried about is this: Who is receiving the answers? Is it you, is it me? No, it's neither you nor I. When you can answer that question (you have to ask yourself), then you can answer the question of life. The ultimate question, about life, the universe, and everything! I've only just realized who is receiving my answers, and I feel much better about it now. I feel just fine with her.


I was stepping out of my house every now and then because I was expecting them to arrive at any minute. I started to cry, but it started raining, so I looked up into the sky to try to talk to the stars. It was a cloudy mid-summers night. I remember it clearly because she always said that the colors are different during the fall, and I didn't understand it until I stopped to smell the roses. I set myself free, and I'm free forever now. Nothing can ever stop me. So I was crying into the sky, into the clouds, into the night that would remember me eternally. I stuck my finger up into her heart and pulled. She gave it to me, she didn't struggle. She fell into my arms and I kissed her on her forehead, because she was dying but she wasn't dying. I was doing the same thing; I had hope. I fell down next to her and closed my eyes forever. We drifted into our own world where no one could bother us. We had no names, and most important of all we had no past. 


You don't need to wait for life to happen to you. Just look at John Gortiwn! He didn't wait around, did he? I mean, sure he didn't take the easy way out, but who should? He fought his way to the top and then he jumped off. It was right. The Eiffel Tower was never very important to me anyways. I said "C'est la vie" and jumped with him. I don't know I don't know I don't know I don't know 


I took a snack for the trip. I put it in my pack, but here's a tip: When you get back remember not to trip. The worst plaque can accumulate the slowest.

© 2013 Jake Xingu


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really like this one a lot. I love that I feel like you are having a dialogue with me, engaging me in the tangle of your mind. I think it would be great if you could elaborate on the choices, the path, the question. The last sentence seems like a distraction.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I really like how this seems to engage me in the beginning, which is captivating and makes it relatable. The narrative of the second paragraph was very beautiful. I think this piece has so so so much potential. I wish there was more elaboration on the choice, the path, the answer somewhere. The last sentence seemed a bit like a distraction. I would just really really love to see you take off with this one.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really like this one a lot. I love that I feel like you are having a dialogue with me, engaging me in the tangle of your mind. I think it would be great if you could elaborate on the choices, the path, the question. The last sentence seems like a distraction.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 9, 2013
Last Updated on September 9, 2013
Tags: prose