The Pier

The Pier

A Story by benjammingham
"

I'm trying to write something beautiful. Beautifully sad. This is a branch off another story I wrote on my other account. On my mind: that one pysch episode,taylor swift, and that one girl...

"
The fog curled in around the harbor, it's gray mist grasping and snatching at the lone figure striding towards 
THE PIER. 
I was early. It was because I was nervous, of course. Anyone, would be nervous in my situation though...
We had planned to meet at the Pier at 3:00 on Saturday Morning. That gave us a whole weekend to steal away...
It was 2:30
It was cold. The night air penetrated my bones sending shivers and goosebumps skittering up my arms. I bit my lip and bounced up and down lightly on my toes, anxious. 
It was 2:40
The air had begun to get to me. I tasted the salt as I licked my dry, chapped lips. The boat was tied up and ready to go. It floated lightly on the surface of the water, bumping quietly against the dock. 
It was 2:50
The wind was blowing hard now. It chilled me, and my teeth chattered together. The moon gleamed yellow and stood out like a stamp. If things went right, you would come around the corner any second now, with your wide eyes reflecting the yellow moon, and the pinkness in your cheeks standing out in the darkness. 
It was 3:00

I was slightly concerned now. Ten minutes wasn't bad. Traffic. Sirens were prevalent and pierced the night sky in the distance. The roads wouldn't be congested, but drunk drivers were common. My mind became wracked with more worry. 
It was 3:10

I'm pacing now. Where could you be..? Was it your parents? Were you okay? Had you given up? Who was I kidding it was unrealistic anyway....right? Were you just late? Were you testing me...? Questions swirled in my head as the clouds rumbled overhead. They were black against the dark blue, night sky. They slowly converged in front of the moon plunging me into darkness.
It was 3:20
Doubt had crept into my mind, like a stealthy ninja. I hadn't noticed it was there and when I did, I casually accepted it as a friend and welcomed it.  Feeling my hope diminish, I laid down inside the boat. Tonight it would be my cradle, and I would wait for you as it rocked me to sleep. Thunder boomed. Rain fell.
It was 3:30


I checked my phone once more. I was shell-shocked. Stunned. Broken.
I sat perched on a piling as the cold, wet raindrops drenched me and my phone. My phone. The carrier of a terrible, obliterating message. You said you were done. 
I wouldn't cry. I grit my teeth and bowed my head, squeezing my eyes shut tightly, willing the pain to disappear. 
It was 7:00

I got into my boat and drove away from
THE PIER

© 2013 benjammingham


Author's Note

benjammingham
This was a continuation or a redirection kind of another story I wrote earlier on a different account. Yeah cool.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on January 31, 2013
Last Updated on January 31, 2013

Author

benjammingham
benjammingham

Clearwater, FL



Writing
Canvas Canvas

A Story by benjammingham


Secrets Secrets

A Story by benjammingham