Undergoing Angioplasty Surgery? Know How To Prepare For It

Undergoing Angioplasty Surgery? Know How To Prepare For It

A Story by jamal wakeman
"

Angioplasty is described as a medical procedure performed on coronary arteries to increase the size of the lumen of the arteries narrowed due to plaque accumulation

"

Angioplasty is described as a medical procedure performed on coronary arteries to increase the size of the lumen of the arteries narrowed due to plaque accumulation.This is done to ensure that sufficient blood and oxygen reaches the heart. It is the most common cardiac procedures performed globally. The procedure is performed to improve signs of coronary artery disease such as angina and shortness of breath.




Angioplasty is performed to treat a type of heart disease called atherosclerosis. It is the slow accumulation of fatty plaque inside the coronary arteries. Your doctor might recommend an angioplasty when medicines or lifestyle changes haven’t improved your heart condition, or if you are facing discomfort or other symptoms.

 

Who Needs Angioplasty?

 

·         Repeated or chronic angina that is not reacting to medicine and lifestyle changes.

·         Signs of severely reduced blood flow (ischemia) to a heart muscle caused due tonarrowed coronary arteries.

·         One or more narrowed arteries that can be treated successfully with angioplasty.

 

What Angioplasty Entails?

 

Heart Angioplasty In India is a treatment which starts by inserting a sheath for the catheter into a blood vessel, typically in the upper leg or groin area, but sometimes it can be done in the arm. A hollow tube called catheter is introduced through the sheath is advanced to the coronary artery and a small balloon catheter is passed through this guiding catheter in to the coronary arteries. Once the balloon reaches the blocked portion of the artery, the balloon is blown to press the plaque along the walls of the blood vessel and widen the narrowed portion of the artery. In most cases the inflated balloon is kept for around 30 seconds to few minutes, depending on the type of the blockage. While the balloon is inflated, some people may feel chest pain similar to angina because the balloon temporarily blocks the blood flow and the oxygen carried to the heart. After the block has been cleared the balloon is deflated and drawn out from the blood vessel.

 

Preparation And Post-Procedure Care

 

The Angioplasty procedure can take 30 to 90 minutes. But you require some time to get ready for the surgery and some pre-surgery tests would be recommended by your doctor. After angioplasty procedure, you will be shifted to a recovery room or to the cardiac care unit. Your heart rate, pulse rate, blood pressure and other vital signs will be closely monitored and the catheter insertion spot will be checked for signs of bleeding. You may have a large dressing or a compression device on your groin or arm where the catheter was inserted to avoid bleeding. You will be required to stay for a night in the hospital. Your doctor will advise you not do strenuous exercise and not to lift heavy things until you are permitted to do so which may be for few days. You may continue with regular work and exercise after several days.Once you start recovering, you will require to attend a cardiac rehabilitation program where a team of cardiac professionals will help you learn about your recovery process and build healthy habits like proper diet and suitable exercises to be done on daily basis.

 

Angioplasty in India with IndianMedTrip

 

India is believed to have a vast pool of surgeons, cardiologists, and other medical specialists who are experienced and trained to perform angioplasty and all other cardiac procedures in the most efficient manner. Moreover, best post-operative care is available in the country with a view for quick recovery. IndianMedTrip offers the best medical services and guidance along with the availability of modern day technology.

 

Get your angioplasty Done with IndianMedTrip just fill up this easy contact form at and then your treatment is our responsibility


For More Details:
IndianMedTrip Healthcare Consultants

Email: [email protected] 
Call/whatsapp: +918600855554 
                                   
For Indian/International Caller: +918600855554
U.K. Caller: +44-5603848946
Canada/U.S.A Caller: +1-6314802441

Also Follow Us On:



© 2016 jamal wakeman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

403 Views
Added on February 11, 2016
Last Updated on February 11, 2016
Tags: hospitals, doctors, surgeons, affordable angioplasty surgery, cost effective treatments

Author