Need To Know How to Use a Multimeter

Need To Know How to Use a Multimeter

A Story by james burrdy
"

What you will further see depicted on the device is the word ‘COM’ which stands for universal. After getting acquainted with the invention.

"

Multimeters are indispensable tools around the house because they combine the functions of three different products �" a voltmeter, an ammeter, as well as an ohmmeter. But getting around those to properly service may be a little bit tricky, primarily if you are not used to measuring machines.

 

Moreover, those who were not paying enough attention in physics classes might find it a bit confusing. Luckily, there is no rocket science behind these machines, and you can read below an accessible guide on how to use a multimeter without too much of a headache.

 

Get around with the device

 

Before knowing how it functions, you should know a few things about a multimeter, including its parts. Practically, the machine consists of three main components �" a digital screen or display, a selection knob and various ports for measuring the current, the voltage or the resistance.


 

What next?

 

What you will further see depicted on the device is the word ‘COM’ which stands for universal. After getting acquainted with the invention, make sure there is no current running on your equipment, as well as through the component that you want to test. This means to switch off all machines, unplug them if necessary or remove any consisting batteries.

 

Further, you will notice two different probes, standardized through the red and black colors. However, there could be any variations of colors, depending on the manufacturer of the multimeter. Make sure to plug the current black probe inside the COM port and the red probe into the voltmeter port (usually depicted with the signs VΩmA, which stands for the three measuring grounds of your machine �" volts, ohms and Milliamperes.

 

How to turn the device on?

 

After plugging the necessary probes, all you have to do is switch the machine on and place the dial to its continuity mode. A wave sound usually marks this. However, not all multimeters come with this specificity, meaning you will have to place the dial to the lowest setting found in the resistance mode and measured in ohms (the Greek sign of omega.

 

How to measure using a multimeter tool?

 

If this is the case, your display will show the zero value (or close to it), and the machine will start beeping slowly.

 

This means your device is connected and ready to use on any other second party machine. On the other hand, if your computer doesn’t detect any current (meaning it fails the current test), the screen will either display the value of 1 or an OL sign (indicating an open loop).

 

How to test the other functions of a multimeter?

 

Similar steps as the ones previously showed will be conducted to either test the voltage or resistance. Depending on your needs, you will have to set the dial to its specific measurement unit. All you have to do next is to place each of the probes on one end of the component you will want to test and read the values indicated on the screen.

© 2017 james burrdy


Author's Note

james burrdy
After setting the dial to its specific trace and connected the probes, you will be able to test the measurements. You can compare the probes by merely touching them directly with one another. Need more info and voltage tester buying tips I think besttoolsgears.com is best for you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on November 30, 2017
Last Updated on November 30, 2017
Tags: best, voltage, tester