Tranquil

Tranquil

A Story by James
"

People can find peace in the strangest places.

"

Relaxation fell over me as every one of my senses became overwhelmed; a warm liquid ran down my hand as I placed a stained finger on my tongue. A bitter, slightly metallic taste spread across my taste buds causing another rush of adrenaline to course through my body, bringing a smile to my face.

I could practically smell lingering fear, perhaps due to the strained gurgles coming from below me as my boss struggled for breath. We locked eyes, his eyes now glossed-over and un-seeing. The slice along his throat bled slower and released less of his life force into the red pool collecting beneath his head and shoulders. A stain that would never truly be gone.

I placed the bloody letter opener on his desk and kneeled next to my victim. As his spirit left his body, I was overcome with the feeling of peace and tranquility washing over me.

© 2018 James


Author's Note

James
It's just a short little story I wrote, there's not a ton to it but I liked writing it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was a very descriptive short story. And the ending was very well done! Good job, I have no complaints.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
1 Review
Added on October 7, 2018
Last Updated on October 7, 2018

Author

James
James

CA



About
Just a college student trying to improve his writing one story at a time. more..

Writing
Ring Ring

A Story by James


Poisonous Poisonous

A Story by James