Sinclair James - What Everybody Should Know Before Traveling to South East Asia

Sinclair James - What Everybody Should Know Before Traveling to South East Asia

A Story by James Sinclair
"

South East Asia is the place to go when you opt for relaxation and leisure. With thousands of activities for you to do and thousands more places to just sprawl under the sun or gaze at the stars...

"

South East Asia is the place to go when you opt for relaxation and leisure. With thousands of activities for you to do and thousands more places to just sprawl under the sun or gaze at the stars at, this part of the continent is perhaps one of the most preserved and perfect for traveling. Also with different culture, history and traditions, you will never get tired of roaming around from town to town, country to country and find something different on every path. Good reviews are also available everywhere if you are still in doubt. This is the reason why millions of tourist and travelers enter the region every year and tourism is one of the major economic driving forces.

11 countries make up South East Asia: Cambodia, Brunei, East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. These countries and their capitals are each known for their uniqueness.


Before traveling though, Sinclair James International Travel and Tours, with a few years of experience in South East Asian culture and a sturdy group of travelers themselves from Australia, have some pointers to point out regarding the region.


1. Beware of Pickpockets

Although South East Asia is rich with resources, some fraudulent activities still exist in many of its streets. The most notorious is in Manila and Jakarta is pickpockets who are more likely to target foreigners or westerners who might appear to have far more dollars to spare. Tourists also have complaints on being scammed by cab drivers and special transportation people. One of the most famous is the tuk tuk scheme in Bangkok which can drive you around in circles around the city and ask for an excessive fee.


2. Remember your hygiene

Traveling can be a little uncomfortable to those are not used to it. Hygiene may be forgotten without all the necessary things out of reach and a lot of uncertain hygiene materials everywhere. No worries. South East Asia has a lot of clean places even in its crowded cities. Bottled water is also inexpensive but it is advisable to bring your own sanitary tools with you. Make sure that your stomach can handle all the unique varieties of raw food before divulging. Don’t be afraid to ask. You’ll never know if you are already eating cooked crickets or cockroaches.


3. Pack Light

You don’t need a lot of luggage when you are in South East Asia. Almost everything is available and comes at an inexpensive price. When you are traveling, the last thing you want is to carry a lot of bags around you and pay costly baggage fees. Sinclair James International


© 2015 James Sinclair


Author's Note

James Sinclair
what do you think of the dialogue

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on October 7, 2015
Last Updated on October 7, 2015
Tags: sinclair james, sinclair james manila, sinclair james philippines, sinclair james review