Augmenting the Bad.

Augmenting the Bad.

A Story by JANAK

Augmenting the Bad.

Are we always positive? Are there only negative sides to situations that are not in our favour? Are we as humans only intended to be happy with are predetermined perspective towards the outcomes in our lives? I intend not to change perspective with this article, I just want to analyse situations in my own life and figure out whether the situations which were termed negative by me or were not in my favour had a brighter side to it or were plainly bad junctures.
So let’s start with the most crucial event of my life, the day when we have to select the professional course for our life. The schooling was over and the results were out. I wasn’t an exceptional student but I made a point to end my schooling with a bang, I passed with some exceptional marks way beyond my schooling average. The time had come; the decision was to be made about my career, the field I would take as my profession. Being born in a family where medical profession was preponderant I has great palate for medicines, in back of my mind I wanted to peruse a medical metier. But there was a catch, being born in family full of doctors I was quickly made aware of the difficulties and the challenges that I would face if I pursue it, and not to mention the fact that there was a sigh of disbelief over my abilities when the atrocities given by the medical profession were taken into consideration. So finally I was suggested to take up career counselling and look at other possible alternatives to be taken up as my career choice. Commerce was one of them, not to mention my bitter haltered for it at that time as I was always a kid that hated numbers. But after a lot of brainstorming and brainwashing I eventually decided to take up the field. So at that point this situation was termed as negative by me, as I had liking for medicine, but was the decision that bad if I consider that decision today is a matter of fact. The obvious answer is NO, I never repent about that decision. Though initially it was a bit difficult to accept, but as on this day I really thing the decision made me grow in a better way in my life, gave me such experience that were unsung to my life if I had been in medicine. This day I firmly believe that there are various paths in our lives, paths with different probabilities, and those probabilities are the ones which will make us evolve as human beings. It can be anything like falling in love for the first time or making mistakes for the first time, meeting some people in course of that path that make your life foster.
Selecting this path taught me one simple lesson, it’s perfectly fine to take up thing that we haven’t planned for, things that are beyond our usual course of likings; we can always learn and cherish the memories and lessons that life bestows upon us.
So getting into commerce was a gamble that paid off, but there are some decisions where things are at stake where gambling is a risk and the payoffs are so uncertain. An explicit decision has to be taken, decision that can make great alterations in life. Like ending a strangled relationship or starting a new one. As humans we are characterized by high level of social activity, we are by our self people oriented; wanting people to be around us and to share and express our emotions. So the most important decisions are regarding people. Lately in our life we realize that there are few people whom we cherish, the reliable ones, and the people who understand you the best and are always there for you no matter how grave the situation is. But change is the only constant thing in life; those reliable ones will not be the one you can rely upon any longer. So what should we do hold upon the strangles for a long time or just let it go, a hard accord to make especially when the person means a lot to us. So my decision was always to leave the reigns of the relation and let it go, the basic logic behind this is the emotional comfort that the relationship used to provide before has departed. Now the fact that most of us face is not the cessation of relationship but the change that the cessation has bought in our life. I would rather suggest to rather not think about the change, God will never take chances with our lives, if there is vacuum created it has to be filled. Life is not a thing that would revolve around some people; we always need to explore new personalities. So if I evaluate my decision about absconding some people in my life, did I go wrong somewhere? Maybe sometimes, I feel I could have done a bit more efforts to restore my relationship, but am I really downcast by the overall outcome of such decisions? My answer will always be NO, such tough decisions gave me a prospect to be promulgating from my niche and explore.
So at the end, your life is probabilities of the decisions of you take in the course of your life. But it is always imperative to remember just the basic premise of life that is to evolve, evolve as a person, as a human. Always be a person who values life, values the laws of nature. It’s fine to be a goal oriented person, it’s fine to be materialistic, but it’s always good to remember that life passes by as we are on are on the way towards our goals, success will be nothing if we don’t augment in our life. Live like how nature has designed us to live, free from reigns of being stereotypical and with innate ability to explore the life.

© 2016 JANAK


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on February 11, 2016
Last Updated on February 11, 2016
Tags: life, decisions, mistakes, love, biography, live, article