Feminism

Feminism

A Poem by Faza

Feminism.

 

The word itself, speaks femininity. How the letter “f” describes the soft mews and submissiveness of the woman. How the letter “f” describes her domestic duty as a wife, mother, and maid of the man’s household. How the letter “f” is the beginning of the word f**k. How the woman is only known for the “f” word: a female and a f**k.

 

I’m not sexual. I’m not sensual. I’m not a good f**k or a wife, mother and maid for the man’s household. I’m not a trophy, a phone call in the middle of the night, or a phony item to cat call.

 

“Ph” is such a hilarious thing. I mean it’s the same thing that a woman is except it’s …just hidden better.

 

I do not want to be limited to one letter out of the twenty-six.

 

I am not a letter, but rather a word,

 

A sentence,

 

A paragraph,

 

A page,

 

A novel,

 

That begs to be read.

 

I do not deserve to be just reviewed as “the same as any other woman.”

 

I do not deserve people to abuse my pages.

 

 

 

I’m a woman who no longer needs to be bound in the pages of people’s expectations. 

© 2014 Faza


Author's Note

Faza
Be critical but don't be mean.
I'm not sure what to label this so what type of writing is it?

Finally thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on September 11, 2014
Last Updated on September 11, 2014
Tags: feminsim, rant, more of an essay if anything, jounnal, poem, first time posting it here

Author

Faza
Faza

TX



About
Hey! I'm just using this to stretch out my writing muscles and I'm looking for constructive feedback. Thanks for reading. more..