Is Kanye the Way to go in 2020?

Is Kanye the Way to go in 2020?

A Story by jmarsan

Is Kanye the Way to go in 2020?

Rap artist, reality star, fashion designer, President? Kanye West would be a better option for the 2020-2024 presidential term than Donald Trump running for a second term. Kanye West has better political views; a desire to change the United States' corrupt government, end discrimination, and create jobs.

Kanye West's political views are not thoroughly defined on many topics, but he does want serious change for the people of America. Kanye has recognized the trouble that many Americans go through. Kanye has also donated large sums of money to many charities to help the poor and people in need of resources. This would raise the economy as there would be a lower population of people suffering from homelessness. Kanye West's overall goal as president would be to improve the life for the less fortunate people in America. This could also include changes in fees for public colleges.

Kanye is very similar to Trump as they both want serious change in many different parts of the American life. Donald Trump's political views are very set in stone and he has mentioned on numerous occasions that he is seriously against illegal immigration and has made building a wall on the southern border and deporting all illegal immigrants one of his main priorities. This would reduce the number of illegal immigrants in the US. This would also create jobs for many Americans as illegal immigrants have taken many jobs away from legal Americans. Creating jobs is another major goal for Donald Trump. Trump's general goal for America is to greatly improve the economy, reduce the cost of living for the average American, and reduce taxes.

For speaking to US citizens, Kanye West has a more influential voice on the younger side of the population. This is very important as the younger population will be controlling the country in the future. Kanye West is also married to Kim Kardashian, a woman with a very strong voice to the public and heavy influence on the younger generations. Kanye has expressed his views on the world through his songs. Many rappers including Kanye rap about problems in their personal lives, problems in their childhood, and in society in general. Kanye West has referenced racism and the change he wants in the world in many of his songs, such as "Black Skinhead" and "New Slaves". In Black Skinhead, Kanye says "...they see a black man with a white woman, at the top they gone come to kill King Kong" (Genius). This references his relationship with his wife, Kim Kardashian. The alliteration also puts three K's together referencing the KKK, as he talks about the threats he has faced in his life from white people. King Kong, is talking about how the media think Kanye is an ape in a white man's world as he is rich and living a stereotypical white man's life. This song lyric deeply describes the current situation of racism and discrimination in the United States today.

In New Slaves, Kanye sings, "...used to only be n*****, now everybody playin'" (Genius). This lyric expresses how money is the true slave owner of America and how anyone can be a slave now and it's not directly related to skin color. Anyone such as blacks, whites, or Asians can be slaves to money. Money is being used to keep people doing what others want them to do such as buying expensive clothes and cars to conform with the popularity. This is expressing how discrimination is no better than it was before, it is just spread around to more people. Kanye shows how much he wants all this discrimination to stop by saying, "I'm ‘bout to wild the f*** out, I'm goin' Bobby Boucher" (Genius). He says this to explain his deep hate for discrimination and how much it is hurting the United States. Kanye says he's, "about to go wild" from all of the hate and racism in this country.

Donald Trump, however, has been known to be very controversial with his choice of words. Trump has said many sexist things about women such as objectifying them to their looks rather than their accomplishments. In example, when asked about when he met German gold-medal winning ice skater Katarina Witt, Trump replied, "wonderful looking while on the ice but up close and personal, she could only be described as attractive if you like a woman with a bad complexion who is built like a linebacker" (The Telegraph). This kind of talk has stunted his race for the presidency, but in the end, his views on politics trumped over his sexist remarks from the past and during the election process. Trump would, therefore, have a tougher time getting his message to millennials and other young people in the country. Kanye has an easier time getting his message across as many people listen to his music and hear about him on social media.

Kanye West strongly agrees that the education system is severely broken. With kids in the school system, Kanye hears from the first point of view of the struggle of class, even at a very young age. Kanye believes that the education system is dismantled because instead of teaching basic needs in life, schools teach kids to think in certain ways rather than being creative. Students are taught to figure out problems a certain way rather than figuring out how to learn it themselves. After kids are put through all of this simulated learning, kids don't know basic knowledge once they reach the "real world". Kanye West has spoken on his thought of the education system, and he said, "Instead of thinking that kids are stressing out in school because they don't know how to study, maybe it's because the education system is broke" (NME). Donald Trump agrees that the education system is corrupt, but he is also more focused on the financial side of schooling. During a presidential debate, when asked about how he would change the education system, Trump said, "There is no reason why the government should be benefiting off of student loans. We are here to help these students, not cause financial problems for them in the future" (On The Issues). Trump thinks that for public colleges, tuitions and fees should be heavily dropped. This is a very valid point as most students have to get student loans and can't afford to pay them off for a very long time. Although Trump never had to, he has said he understands the struggle of living with student debt. As a businessman, Trump feels he can severely reduce college tuition in public colleges with his business experience and success. Trump and Kanye both want to change the education system, but they want to focus on different aspects of it. As Kanye is more focused towards the actual education of students, I feel Kanye would change the education system in a more significant and important way than Trump. Educating students properly can help in the long run because they will have skills for their future jobs and will have an easier time getting a well-payed job that they enjoy.

To create jobs, Kanye is more efficient, and produces more purposeful jobs. Kanye has helped those in need of jobs such as kids trying to help out their family. In Chicago, there are about 200,000 people unemployed. Of these 200,000, half of them are children between 10-17 years old. Kanye has realized the poverty and rough way of life for all of the children brought up in Chicago. During an interview, Kanye was asked about his visit to Chicago and he responded saying, "I was doing an event in the neighbourhood and there were some kids from Englewood and I said, ‘Man, what do y'all really need? What's gonna stop this?' And they were like, ‘We need money. Man, if we could work.' They want a chance" (SuburbanStats). This shows how Chicago kids are in desperate need of jobs so they can help supply their families and themselves.

Many politicians believe that raising the minimum wage is a worse idea than bringing in new jobs. Increasing the minimum wage increases homelessness and makes our country less competitive with other countries. Donald Trump agrees on bringing in new jobs rather than raising the minimum wage. Trump has a similar notion to Kanye as they both want to create jobs, but they are making them in different ways. Trump wants to bring jobs from big industries back to America. Big companies are hiring large groups of people overseas to do manufacturing, marketing, and other common jobs and they are working for a fee much lower than the minimum wage in America. Trump has his own business and has made tens of thousands of jobs across the world. Although Trump has created more jobs, Kanye West is much more efficient in creating jobs. Kanye created jobs at a rate of 10,000 jobs per month resulting in 30,000 jobs for kids in Chicago, Illinois. Trump has created jobs at only a rate of about 150 jobs per month. Kanye could supply more jobs in a faster amount of time than Trump if he were in office.

In conclusion, Kanye West would be a better president than Donald Trump. Kanye is more focused on more important topics and has better visions for the people of America. Donald Trump is almost solely focused on financials and lacks the will to solve current problems in the United States. Donald Trump winning this election has torn the country in two groups, but Kanye is focused on bringing the country together.

“The Telegraph.” The Telegraph, Telegraph Media Group, 11 Nov. 2016


“New Slaves - Kanye West.” Genius, Genius


“Kanye West and Common Help Create over 20,000 Jobs for Chicago Youth.” NME, NME, 19 Apr. 2014


Robb, Pat Eaton. “Donald Trump on Jobs.” Donald Trump on Jobs, On The Issues,


Suburbanstats.org. “Current Chicago, Illinois Population, Demographics and Stats in 2016, 2017.” SuburbanStats.org, SuburbanStats

© 2017 jmarsan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on February 2, 2017
Last Updated on February 2, 2017
Tags: Kanye, 2020, president, Trump

Author

jmarsan
jmarsan

Morristown, NJ