Hurricanes destuction

Hurricanes destuction

A Story by mirui
"

What happens when a hurricane is about to hit Lonsunberg city.How do the citizens help each other prepare for the tragedy that is about to happen.

"

  "Hi dad, what are you watching," little Tommy asked as he came home from elementary school. He went into the living room and ran into his father's lap.

"I'm just watching the news, Tommy," his dad replied. "They are saying that a hurricane is gonna hit."

 Tommy shifted uncomfortably in his dad's lap. "A hurricane, like the one that made mom die?" Tears started to roll down Tommy's cheek.

  Now Tommy's father was uncomfortable. "Yes, that hurricane," Tommy's dad tried to say in his softest voice.

 Just then the fron door opened up and Mike, who is Tomm's older brother walked inside the house.

 "Hi dad," Mike said as he went into the living room and joined Tommy and his Father. He was wearing a black short sleeve shirt that said,I got up for this? and he had on a pair of blue jeans.

"Mike a storm coming here," Tommy said now off his dad's lap crouched into a ball at his feet.

   "No, it's storm that take mom away," Tommy informed." "Me and dad just saw it on the television," tommy said, now laying flat on the floor looking up at the ceiling.

 Mike only sat their for a minute, like he was trying to comprehend everything Tommy was saying. Mike had a sad look in his eyes and a frown on his face. He did not want to stay and chat so he went upstairs and locked himself in his room and slept on his problem.

Mike awoke in the middle of the night to the shaking of the house. He got out of bed and unlocked his door so he could go downstairs. When he got downstairs he saw Tommy clinging on to his dad's soulders, with a fearful look on his face. Mike went and sat on the tan smooth couch.

  Suddenly everyone heard a loud shreik coming from outside and the sound of wood splitering and creaking. Mike ran to the window and looked outside. His neighbors across the street have just gotten their house torn apart and now they are flying in the air away from where their house used to be, they're going where Mike's mom went.

Again there was more creaking but this time it was coming from their own home. Tommy and Mike's dad listened nervously. Then all at once the whole top part of the house ripped away. Tommy then started to hover above his dad. Tommy's fingers were slipping off his dad's shoulders. then his hands gave up and he was lifted into the air.

     "Tommy!" Mike screamed, but it was to late Tommy was gone. Mike and his father sat in stunned silence. Then Mike and his dad heard something and that something was nothing. The storm has died down and the sun came ot of the dark clouds. Mike and his father sadly walked outside to inspect the damages. When they got outside what they saw made their hearts leap for joy. Tommy was sitting up in the grass hugging a tree.

 "Tommy!" His dad screamed in joy. Mike and his father raced to Tommy.

 "It's like a family reunion," Mike said, and him his father and Tommy all walked into the house to hangout.

  

 

© 2009 mirui


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

306 Views
Added on February 28, 2009
Last Updated on February 28, 2009

Author

mirui
mirui

Writing
Away Away

A Poem by mirui


Alone time Alone time

A Poem by mirui