Best Case Scenario

Best Case Scenario

A Story by jask



Say.  

What if we actually did find a free and non-polluting source of energy?  What if we find a way to provide clean water to all who might need it?  What if we get an equitable social system that creates opportunity for all of us and we all, in turn, take full advantage of it?  What if we begin to see education as a life-long process just as we now view eating or watching tv?  What if we find balance in our lives with Mythos (our thinking) and Logos (our believing) and one concept does not have to live by the destruction of the other? And what if all branches of the Mythos acknowledge their individual shortcomings and move toward deeper understanding as opposed to reflexive, righteous destruction?  

What if we achieve universal distribution of food and medical care?  That our reaction to natural disaster is prompt, systematized and effective?  What if we used our new-found ability to communicate randomly with others for better understanding instead of self-aggrandizing?  What if medical research finds new approaches that render common disease obsolete?  What if we find that balance in our lives that allows us to consume as we produce and to produce as we consume?

What if you did restore that full head of hair, stylishly coiffed?  What if you got that trim body and enjoyed the process in making it so?  What if you found your education was taking you on journeys into art, into science, into religion that became part of your daily endeavors?  What if you found that circle of friends who were your constant source of sustenance and pleasure?  What if you were confident enough in yourself to always see opposing viewpoints as constructive critique?  What if your daily tasks were continually appreciated by the society and culture in which you live and serve? What if you find that pair of shoes that really fit well and look good too?

What if everything was as you wanted it to be?

What then?

© 2024 jask


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on May 17, 2024
Last Updated on May 17, 2024

Author

jask
jask

About
PROFILE I had a girlfriend in high school until one day senior year shortly after summer vacation she told me by letter (called 'notes', a predecessor of texting) she wasn't.....and in my shaken st.. more..

Writing
FAQ FAQ

A Poem by jask


Your Garbage Your Garbage

A Story by jask