The Knight's Misery

The Knight's Misery

A Story by Jaxter_Nick
"

A Narritive paper assignment from class

"

            About 3 months ago a “feud” had begun. “Hello Sir Mathews, How is the family?” He doesn’t respond,” You could’ve at least answered y’know!” He was never much of a talker though, I don’t know why I tried to ever talk to him because I knew it was in vain. I then walked to our rather odd throne room’s entrance, I say this is odd because unlike most throne rooms, ours was suspended in midair by an array or specially designed heat wells that kept its water tank full of steam and helium to keep it in the air "like the platform I am now on- and the only way to get to His Majesty, Mark’s, throne room was to use the steam-catapult. It’s not really a catapult but more so a tube that has steam pumped through it as the user stands on a small panel and gets pushed along by the steam at a low velocity. Also if you haven’t guessed it yet we have a further advanced colony than most of the primitive or tribal groups around us, though I had made most of our machinery I was always told that I wasn’t as smart as I sought to be.

            Entering the room, I saw His Majesty sleeping, in his throne, he looked very peaceful. As I walked closer I had begun to hear a quiet chatter from all over the room, being that our group was so small and I already knew everyone’s voices, these voices weren’t of theirs though. Maybe he had gotten some guests had come unexpectedly or were just there by chance, either way it isn’t my business anyways. Although, maybe it is, about a week ago I was knighted, so I think that would mean that the people in here would be a part of my business, right? Nobody actually told me what my duties as a knight were so first I will talk to the king and then I will ask him about these voices- wait, there isn’t any other people in here other than me and the king. So where are these voices coming from? Also why am I talking to myself so much? Oh well, “Your Majesty, King Mark please awaken sir” I said to him just before he had yawned and left his slumber, *Yawn* “Good Morning, What do you need” His voice was very deep and clear, “Hello my good friend and my liege, would you by chance happen to have any ideas for what else we should get started with construction on?” “Well we could do with a ne-““What’s happening?! MARK!” His body fell limp in front of me; I saw blood slowly drain down his chest. My king and best friend had been killed directly in front of me. As I fell into a state of shock I watched as the killer arose from behind the throne. He was a tall skinny goblin looking being person, he had smiled at me and threw the dagger into the ground next to my hand and I passed out as he disappeared.

            I had awoken to the other guards and knights coming into the room and claiming that I had murdered the king. The first to enter the room had looked familiar, though he didn’t look like any of the others in the settlement, and I had known everyone here.

            I had awoken in the arms of Sir Mathews and one of the other guards; they were carrying me to the jail. Which I might add was only half built for some reason. Just before they got to it the other guard attacked Matt and pushed him over then tried to drag me away but wasn’t very fast and just as Matt staggered to his feet and attempted to run after us, he had  almost immediately fell back to the ground. I had attempted to flip off the ground and hit the guard and though it was a glancing blow to his face it was able to knock off his helm revealing that he was the same monster that had killed King Mark, he had managed to hit me once more and the blow sent me to the ground, once more falling out of my consciousness and as the beast dragged me away I saw sir Mathews who had seen the entire ordeal happen in front of his eyes, I could tell he knew everything now.

            I was awoken to a punch in the face and all that I could see was the ugly face of my captor, it was beaten and bruised, I was now his toy and was put up to two choices, a test of brains or a test of strength. What the tests really were either answer fifty questions or fight their entire army, thinking I was smarter than I was I chose the quiz. I had been asked a very simple question first, then another, and another, and finally an incredibly difficult question, which I saw as a bit much for the fifth question, but I was unable to answer it, and just befor I was killed, I saw sir Mathews come in and save my life, as I watched their army fall, the five that there were; Immediately getting knocked out.

                -Grade: F-

© 2014 Jaxter_Nick


Author's Note

Jaxter_Nick
May be written strangly because i mainly wrote it when i didnt know what a narrative was.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on December 16, 2013
Last Updated on February 3, 2014
Tags: Midevil

Author

Jaxter_Nick
Jaxter_Nick

Akron, OH



About
I am a huge gamer who has found a simple likeness in writing stories. The stories come from my imagination in most cases, also a number of my stories are from my language arts class projects. Also .. more..

Writing