Vanilla and Honey Chai Tea With a Common Chat

Vanilla and Honey Chai Tea With a Common Chat

A Story by JadinAllOver

"So you mean to tell me that you never loved me?"

I waited patiently for his answer. A tear slipped down my cheek as he didn't respond. If this is what being heartbroken felt like, I hated it.

As he stood there silently, I ripped the chain from around my neck, tossing it at him, and turned around to walk home. My heart was racing. I wanted to smack him, I wanted to smack him so hard... But I couldn't. I just fell to the ground and cried. I cried as cars raced by me, as bikers went around me. I couldn't find the strength to get up. My whole body was aching.

"Do you need a hand?"

I wiped my eyes and looked up. A man was standing before me, about the age of 25. I shook my head 'yes' and took his hand. Once I was standing on my feet, I wiped my eyes once more.

"I sorta saw you have a break down from inside my coffee shop. Would you like a free coffee? You look like you could use a good cup of joe."

"I don't drink coffee," I said with an unsteady voice. "Well, do you like tea?" He questioned.

"Yeah, do you have vanilla and honey chai?" He thought for a second.

"I believe we do, come with me." I followed the man into his shop, which was behind us.

Arctic Monkeys was blaring through the speakers when we walked into the shop.

"This place was my fathers," he began. "But, once he died, I took it over and now this place has become my life."

"Oh, I'm sorry for your loss." I took a seat in one of the chairs near the register. "It's fine. I wish he was here right now, he'd know what to say. He was loved by everybody," he said.

"You know what to say too. Now, what's your name?" I asked him.

"Benedict, but you can call me Ben."

"I'm Marilyn. Thank you for the tea." I said as he brought over a cup with steam dancing above it.

I blew on the liquid and took a sip. "So why did you have a break down?" He asked as he took a seat across from me. His eyes were like a pair of glimmering sapphires, his beard was perfectly trimmed, and his shaggy brown hair was pulled into a low braid.

"My boyfriend, well ex, of three years got another girl pregnant. Turns out, he never loved me. He just loved my money." I stirred the tea around with my spoon.

"If it makes you feel any better, I can relate. My ex girlfriend did that to me. This place is usually packed with customers, but business is always slow on Sundays. But people like them go nowhere and their lives are miserable. Gold diggers eventually find a speck of gold, but then lose it."

I smiled slightly. " I guess you're right."

"Well on a happier note, Do you like the Arctic Monkeys?"

My head perked up from my tea. "I love them. I'm trying so hard not to sing along right now." I said with a lame laugh.

Benedict smiled. "How would you like to go with me tonight? They're coming to the O2 Arena, and my girlfriend and I were supposed to go, but you know how things ended. Would you like to join me? You could probably use a night out with a new friend, just so you aren't sitting at home wallowing, if you even do that."

I thought for a moment, maybe this would be good. He has a point, I would sit home and wallow. Arctic Monkeys is my favorite band, this isn't something I could pass up on.

"I'd be a pleasure."

© 2014 JadinAllOver


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on June 2, 2014
Last Updated on June 2, 2014

Author

JadinAllOver
JadinAllOver

NY



About
I tend to let my imagination run wild. more..