The Iraqi Solution- exert

The Iraqi Solution- exert

A Book by jay geenen
"

fictional work that looks at the reasons of war. Maybe not quite as fictional as it seems.

"

© 2009 jay geenen


Author's Note

jay geenen
Lewop knew war was hell, fought by people beings on hell�s gate in the teeth of the war dragon that shot fire from its mouth as it consumed the very people beings essence that lay in its path. Many times the war dragon only consumed the psyches of the soldiers rendering them emotional neutrals and oblivious to the world and the people around them. There simply was no other proper description of the conflicts and acts of war. General Calling L. Lewop somehow had maintained his roots and remained a peaceful man in the face of all out adversity. Kindness was a personal trait of Lewop. He always was able to maintain the state and do the actions of kindness regardless of the severity of the situation he was in. Guns could be blaring, bombs exploding, hand grenades thrown and the world could seem to be falling apart but Lewop believed that if you remained kind somehow a path out of the situation would be found and the guns would silenced, the bombs would be rendered duds, the grenades pinned and the world would be whole again as best describe by one word and that word is peace, the true opposite of war and aggression. The peace was not a result of the actions of war but was a result of the character of the individual caught in the jaws of the conflicts of war. In Lewop�s mind the fire spewing dragon of war would be doused with the kindness from the heart of the people beings that were affected. Peace was knowing oneself and the limitations of oneself in a sometimes crazy world ravaged by war where all security was forgone in the anguish and anger of the moment. Nothing remained secure in war; even ones life was not secure but was prone to the destruction of bomb blast, explosions from hand grenades and the scorching pain of a bullet wound. Yet the dove of peace somehow always survived amidst the blare and glare of artillery fire carrying a lonely olive twig in its beak.


My Review

Would you like to review this Book?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Rating
Added on March 10, 2009

Author

jay geenen
jay geenen

Red deer, Canada



About
I was born in saskatchewan and have my own web site at www.jaygeenen.com. I am a farm raise lad that grew up by a lake. I am in my early fifties and am working on my fifth novel. more..

Writing
Poem Poem

A Poem by jay geenen


Harmony Harmony

A Poem by jay geenen


Brian Brian

A Poem by jay geenen