Flight

Flight

A Poem by Jacquelene Vanessa Moreno

Flight

 

I emerge from my cocoon, wings soaping wet

The air is harsh, my flesh raw

Natural silence causes me to quake

My strength under arrest

Breadcrumbs lye sordid

Disillusion is my guide

© 2008 Jacquelene Vanessa Moreno


Author's Note

Jacquelene Vanessa Moreno
how is my visual imagery? what do you think of the general style? grammar?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Visual Imaginary's nice and realistic. In this world .. every-body wanna take flight to touch the sky to live in peace with love... and yeah, disillusion's what that guides the path of the life to walk on to move on lightly ... to understand the things and the meaning of life to run with it nicely.

I think the general style's cool, the poem's not so big, not so short .. it's perfectly cool and penned with the nice words, i'd love to say that your words're very powerful ..only few words made much impact on mah mind to read it carefully and understanding it brightly.

Yeah.. Grammar's perfect .. i didn't find any error in yer grammar.

The whole piece's very nice, i loved the theme.
Keep on!

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is downright depressing. It's like there's this person with all this potential, but they're only going to end up misguided and unhappy.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

you offer new texture and perspective to a poetic event that is written often, exempting it from cliche. When i read your poetry you have these concentrated moments within a poem that leave you aghast with the depth packed into a line or a stanza. One question though... did you mean to spell 'lye' that way?

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very good! It causes one to pause and thing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Yu,p visual imagery looking good!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Soaping wet? Never heard that one before. Sopping? yes, soaking? yes but not soaping. And lye is a caustic chemical so I don't know what it has to do with breadcrumbs. hmmm. Is the lye related to the soap? As in lye soap? I could not relate to disillusion being a guide either, because one who is disillusioned is generally lost. I like the cocoon and the insect emerging as you present it though. I think the logical progression leaves much to be desired here.

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the imagery I can feel it. And many times new beginnings feel like this. It is insightful but not a state I want to perpetually be in. Thanks

Posted 16 Years Ago


Your words are well crafted, visual imagery is something you captured quite well.
Amazing piece.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I really like the imagery here...but I wonder at the first line did you really mean soaping wet or did you mean sopping wet?---I am always curious about word choice. A good write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


very good desciption...I like the style...grammar was fine by me but I suck at grammer...Over all very good...

Posted 16 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

648 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 15, 2008
Last Updated on April 18, 2008

Author

Jacquelene Vanessa Moreno
Jacquelene Vanessa Moreno

NevErNeVerLaNd, CA



About
I'm a woman with something to say, I live my life in spurts of joy but only short ones. I come here for kindred spirits and I am here for you. Phenomenal Woman by Maya Angelou Pretty women wonde.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..