Soldier's Poem

Soldier's Poem

A Poem by jbmounteer
"

A letter of love to a brother in Iraq

"

 

Hey there,

I know I'm just a Children's Author, but a proud American I've been from the start.

So I wanted to take some time to write you something straight from my heart.

I can't begin to understand what you go through each day, you give me Freedom that I take for granted every day.

Some people condemn you for doing what you do, but those people would regret every day if it wasn't for you.

You risk your life for some who don't care, I wish there was a way I could make them more aware.

I sleep out side with my kids just for fun, but your the one who protects them by sleeping with a gun.

I fell horrible when my child cries, but your the one who has to watch when an innocent child dies.

I wish I tell you the feelings I feel for you inside, but the only ones I can put words to are thankfulness, love and pride.

Our great county is based on God we trust, so pray for you each day I know I must.

On my house I hang our Flag to sway, I pray for you our Soldier every single day.

You are the reason I can safely walk the streets at night, for my safety and every American you fight.

In a war they had no idea they were in many lives were lost, you are fighting for them at a very great cost.

So when ever you feel lost just look up to heaven, you are being watched from the ones from 9-11.

I love you my Soldier I'm praying for you at home, so remember when your out there you are never alone.

Sincerely,

J.B. Mounteer

© 2008 jbmounteer


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is beautiful, heartfelt writing.
Nice work
Thank you for entering my contest

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
1 Review
Added on February 13, 2008

Author

jbmounteer
jbmounteer

Castle Dale, UT



About
My name is J.B. Mounteer, I am a published children's writer and ilustrator. My first book it titled Camp Were Wolf, I also have a book to be released soon titled, Franky Frankinstain. This book is .. more..

Writing