Place of Milk and Honey

Place of Milk and Honey

A Story by J.B. Octo
"

A sequel to "End of the World." Have you found your land of milk and honey?

"

I had never seen him so happy. His smile stretched ear from ear as he spoke to her for the first time at the end of the play. But I knew something was wrong. He was too happy. He was only happy at the very sight of her, for he had poured into her a boiling cauldron of sweet, bloated dreams. The milky solution he concocted vivaciously flowed through her, taking shape in her very being, this normal girl by the name of Heather.

His eyes sparkled as he allowed her to dominate the discussion. I quietly waited outside in the busy hallways, pondering over my own problems and his. I wasn't jealous, just confused. Even though it wasn't her own fault, she was the very pungent source of his disappointment and unwonted, unneeded despair. And yet, his temperamental disposition had changed...

They walked out and he smiled at me. It was smile of utter content, for it seemed he had proven to me and life itself that his delusive pursuit of the land of milk and honey was finally over. But even so, in the lowered crevices of his smile, I saw that his ravenous soul would never be sated, for the land of milk and honey was shining with flowing cream and golden honeyed rays in his naive eyes.

© 2014 J.B. Octo


Author's Note

J.B. Octo
I was feeling very poetic with this one.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very poetic indeed. A lovely continuation.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 13, 2014
Last Updated on November 13, 2014
Tags: milk, honey, plays, flowers, lands, places, people

Author

J.B. Octo
J.B. Octo

About
A young writer attempting to explore various ideas and literature. I like to explore different perspectives of others and myself included. I love splashes of EXPRESSION, which is really what writing i.. more..

Writing