I like to meet in tongues

I like to meet in tongues

A Poem by jeRRy.whaLLey

I like to meet in tongues
so I dedicated my skull to learning about taste
feeling around for a pretty one
who gets with speaking in tongues and
licking soliloquies in my inner ear
and tastes like apples and sweet discoveries

looping and rolling
licking and learning --
drinking the waters of each other
where we can taste friend or enemy
and explore what each other has
forgotten
on the tip of the tongue

I tasted your lost keys once
and found them where you said you had looked
maybe if I lick your boots I'll know where you've been
though I'm better at tasting the future than the past

Somehow I knew we were coming to an end
I tasted your cracked dry lips and your tongue
hid behind that uneven wall

You tasted like the metal coldness of keys forgotten
I began to feel this nauseous exasperation
I can taste it even now

It is bitter --

© 2008 jeRRy.whaLLey


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Instead of honey you found bitterness in something you foretold without experiencing. Interesting concept to be disillusioned by what you imagined in the first place. Like "Lovers that Never Were". You use taste when poems rarely do. Nicely done. It's beautiful as your work always is. - Mimi.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Really interesting writing, I don't know your general style but this has a lovely taste -unpurposeful pun!- of honesty, unforgiving and this subtle, but very affective, bite.

Good stuff.

Posted 16 Years Ago


It's been far too long since I have been able to get around here and peruse effectively, longer still to leave more than one comment or two at a time,, Glad I could make it finally. Quite the write Jerry, very different, that ouch and summation. Generally your summations are so warm and fluffy, this one well and truly cuts to the chase. Like steel bitter, that I would agree with but cant, but only because I find steel is actually sweet, well most steels are in any case, not all, and apparently fillings are not much of a treat if your tasting steel.
I like this write Jerry, and its funny how when displaying another persons bitterness we ourselves come over bitter ourselves. But I would think there is no avoiding that alllll the time.
That care
Peace.



Posted 16 Years Ago


Seeing with the tongue. I really liked this more than original piece. I am very curious where your inspiration for this one came from. I know dogs see so much with thier noses... the tongue is a very intelligent piece of our anatomy. This one was brilliant.
~Lorraiyne

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very unusual write.

Somehow I knew we were coming to an end
I tasted your cracked dry lips and your tongue
hid behind that uneven wall

I especially like the end.

I can taste it even now
It is bitter --



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Clever, conveluted and correct. A wonderously right write. Excellent.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This seems a little different from your normal writing. But I enjoyed this very much. So much to read between your words and lines of this piece. Great imagery, nicely done. I always enjoy reading your works.


Great Write
Rayne

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

An amazing write - get my mind going this early morning. There is so much to read between the lines here. I love the line about licking your boots...yet you are better at reading the future than the past. Wonderful imagery and scenerio in this work. Just delightful. Makes me wonder about so many things. This is a favorite for sure. Thank you.
Light,
Siddartha


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WOW! amazing!
love it
nothing can be inproved...i am so glad i read this becuase that just made my day!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
9 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on March 1, 2008
Last Updated on March 2, 2008

Author

jeRRy.whaLLey
jeRRy.whaLLey

North Vancouver, Canada



About
love is a sphere which has its center everywhere, and its circumference nowhere; longing is the compass, always pointing there To write properly and clear, Is in part, the goal. To write simply, and .. more..

Writing