No limit: A Rondel

No limit: A Rondel

A Poem by jeRRy.whaLLey
"

A rondel is a variation of the rondeau in which the first two lines of the first stanza are repeated as the last two lines of the second and third stanzas, thus a rhyme scheme of ABba abAB abbaA(B).

"

There is no limit to vast Space or Time --
Nor of living in happiness and Love.
These prisons do not come from up above,
Come, take heart with this feeling sublime.
Come, climb with me out of this holy slime.
Where can we go, to rise, the undreamed of!
There is no limit to vast Space or Time --
Nor of living in happiness and Love.

My love, a song a singing for you, I'm
Wandering too, round about, in want of
A way through this intricate web we wove!
There is no limit to vast Space or Time --
Nor of living in happiness and Love.

© 2008 jeRRy.whaLLey


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm used to thinking of Rondeau as a musical term. This has a slow and soothing rhythm & meaning. Really nicely done. "There is no limit to vast space or time...nor of living in happiness and love." A beautiful beginning and end, a 'round' that comes back to the original thought. Beautiful. - Mimi.

Posted 16 Years Ago


beautifully done structured poetry - it is similar to sestina in the sense that the good structured poem - is transparent to the reader. the words just flow. Well done.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I'm sorry Jerry I really think I have a problem with structured poetry, I do like the content, its that nice gleam you always express but I dont know, the structure to me makes it feel synthetic, like its been created rather than simply being a creation or manifestation.. It's likely just me though so dont take it to heart, because anything with structure is more dificult than something freeflowing to write no doubt about it, I have tried structure myself, its not easy... Content/ lovely as always, structure/ I find it a bit off..
Peace

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
3 Reviews
Added on March 6, 2008
Last Updated on March 7, 2008

Author

jeRRy.whaLLey
jeRRy.whaLLey

North Vancouver, Canada



About
love is a sphere which has its center everywhere, and its circumference nowhere; longing is the compass, always pointing there To write properly and clear, Is in part, the goal. To write simply, and .. more..

Writing