Hell

Hell

A Poem by Norma J. Jessee

The screeching,

The squeeling,

Fingernails on a

Ckalkboard.

A cat fight.

Hour after

Torture-ous hour.

Now there is an

Amplifier.

Lord, Please,

Help my husband,

Learn to play

The violin.

Before I  go

Insane.

 

© 2008 Norma J. Jessee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I pray for your sake your prayer is answered soon. There is not much more annoying than that sound. It is making my teeth hurt just from thinking about it. This was a fun and lite hearted read to start my day of with. I appreciate that.

Wonderfully Done!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

LOL that is way to funny... what a delightful little piece... guess it's time to get the ear plugs out :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


Ahh! The sweet sounds from the learning violin player --- it warms the cockles of me 'eart - NOT!

- a serious start to a fun write - with a twist - you have described the sounds exactly - very well done .



Jen-JG





Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

norma, this is really humorous and well written perfect, really brings comedy to light,
i could hear the screeching happening, the entire aspect of learning to play the violin
and those who have to suffer in the wake of practice, the title certainly adds its flair
of drama, the defining touch, this was enjoyable to read, thanks, excellent, mike


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I wasn't sure where this was going but laughed aloud when I came to those last lines. I guess the amplifier is a clue. This is really funny and the very short lines work really well. Just noticed the picture. I'm glad that I didn't see it before. It would be like being giving the punch line to a joke before you told it. Maybe you intended the reader to know to what you were alluding to before but I think it works well as a surprise piece. The picture of a cat for the cat fight or a blackboard might make good companion pictures.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LoL. very comical.. atleast he is getting better/ i do like your writing style.
Thanks too for your read of suzanne and xanax..
Chloe
xoxo

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I was kinda surprised seeing this title from you, but, I said ok and had a go!...I am still laughing....I really absolutely loved this piece. You have a great deal of talent. This was very good!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Man, this was so very funny! I just love your brand of humor.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Kim
laughing my but off, did not expect that twist. Very good

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

LoL. Great lead-in. The painful torture revealed is not that of malice, but is instead non-talent. Cute work. Very enjoyable.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Norma, I am laughing so hard, the ending fooled me but it is so cute, I hope you win with this piece.
Tony

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

392 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 8, 2008

Author

Norma J. Jessee
Norma J. Jessee

VA



About
I am a 57 year old, happily married, mother of 4, who have blessed me with 12 grandchildren. I find a lot of my inspiration comes from my grandchildren. who can provide an endless supply of things to .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..