Disapproval and Guilt

Disapproval and Guilt

A Story by humblr46

WARNING: The cautionary essay that you are about to read contains a series of grisly murders. In order to preserve good taste and encourage imagination, the murders themselves are committed "off camera" which means you the reader will have to supply the details of the violence with your own imagination which has most likely been primed by constant viewings of true crime teevee shows or watching the local or national news. Make therm as brutal, frenzied and personal as your sense of morality will allow

Having been forewarned, you may now proceed with your reading although some have dropped off already either to the presence of violence in this essay or to the absence of grisly descriptions in this examination of disapproval and guilt.

Even though they are two distinct emotional experiences, sometimes it becomes difficult to separate disapproval from guilt. 

Disapproval refers to the act of considering someone or something as unacceptable, wrong, or not meeting one's standards or expectations. Guilt is an emotional state characterized by feelings of remorse, self-reproach, or regret resulting from a belief that one has done something morally wrong or has failed to fulfill an obligation.

Disapproval focuses on external factors, such as the behavior, actions, or qualities of others or certain situations. Guilt focuses on internal factors, such as one's own behavior, actions, or decisions.

Disapproval involves the viewpoint of the person who is disapproving, often based on their values, standards, or expectations.
Guilt involves the viewpoint of the person experiencing guilt, who believes they have violated their own moral code or personal standards.

Disapproval evokes negative emotions, such as disdain, disappointment, anger, or frustration towards the person or behavior being disapproved. Guilt initiates self-directed negative emotions, such as shame, regret, remorse, or a sense of personal failure.

The disapproval of one person can cause the guilt of another.

Vincent was a brilliant but reclusive painter known for his unconventional and provocative artwork. His paintings, filled with dark and abstract imagery, often evoked mixed reactions from viewers. Unfortunately, due to his eccentric nature and misunderstood art, Vincent had grown accustomed to facing disapproval.

Vincent's deep sensitivity made him prone to interpreting disapproval as guilt. He believed that his art was an extension of his soul, and any rejection of it felt like a personal attack on his very being. Over time, this misinterpretation began to consume his thoughts, driving him to the brink of madness.

As the weight of perceived guilt burdened Vincent's mind, a sinister transformation took place within him. The disapproval he encountered became twisted and distorted in his perception, fueling a growing rage. He convinced himself that the only way to alleviate his guilt was to make others understand his art, even if it meant resorting to extreme measures.

Armed with a distorted sense of justice, Victor began to target  those he believed were responsible for his perceived guilt. In his delusion, he saw each act as a necessary step towards achieving redemption.

The first victim was a local art critic who had publicly dismissed Vincent's work as chaotic and meaningless. Consumed by his rage, Vincent lured the critic to his studio, where he carried out a grisly act of vengeance. The disapproval that had once wounded him now fueled his murderous actions, as he sought to silence those who failed to understand his artistic expression.

As fear gripped the town and the authorities scrambled to find the elusive killer, Vincent continued his deadly mission. Each victim was carefully chosen, their disapproval becoming the catalyst for his violent outbursts. The once-misunderstood artist had transformed into a remorseless murderer, convinced that he was purging himself of guilt with each life taken.

Eventually, the town became aware of the pattern and suspected Vincent's involvement. In a race against time, the authorities pieced together the clues, leading them to his secluded studio. Upon their arrival, they discovered a chilling scene�"a gallery of paintings showcasing Vincent's distorted interpretations of disapproval and guilt.

In the ensuing confrontation, Vincent, now on the brink of complete madness, confronted the truth of his actions. The realization of the lives he had taken and the irreparable damage he had caused crashed upon him like a tidal wave. In a moment of despair, he ended his own life, leaving the town to grapple with the aftermath of his twisted art and the horrors he had unleashed.

The tragic tale of Vincent serves as a reminder of the profound consequences that can arise from misunderstanding and misinterpreting disapproval. It underscores the importance of open-mindedness, empathy, and communication in fostering a society where artists can be understood, appreciated, and supported, rather than driven to such dark extremes.

© 2023 humblr46


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on May 21, 2023
Last Updated on May 21, 2023
Tags: guilt, disapproval, murder