MEMORIES

MEMORIES

A Story by jen -- JG
"

Based on picture 1 for the "Please Explain contest 4"

"

PICTURE ONE

 

 

MEMORIES.

I remember being in a field with my little sister. The sun was shining and the grass was soft under us. We’d gathered wild daisies and were busy making garlands of daisy chains. We laughed and hung the pretty chains all over each other. It was a happy time for us. We were eight and seven years old.

 

I remember sitting quietly on a cliff overlooking the ocean. It was a cloudy day and the sea was rough yet somehow it calmed me down. I watched the scudding clouds race to meet the surging sea in the far distance and found the slender line of perfect peace where for just an instant they both became one.

 

I remember walking towards the sunset, watching the sky change from red through to pink and fade out further still until the stars began to shine through a mist of cotton wool clouds and then began the long walk home again by soft moon glow and starlight.

 

I remember the feel of dry grass sticking to my naked legs as I sat in the middle of a field with rays of sunshine enveloping me. With my eyes half closed I lifted my head and gazed skywards. A slight breeze teased my hair and ticked the hairs on my naked arms. I could hear the grasses whisper, and the soft murmur of insects as they conversed in their own secret language. A winged insect buzzed close by my ear and having no fear settled on my shoulder. A pair of Eagles lazily circled overhead before drifting to a landing beyond my view.

 

I remember feeling the glow of gentle peace flowing through me. The long lost ‘soul peace’ of sitting alone in a beautiful Cathedral. The inward glow of seeing your child smile for the first time. The soft sweetness of a kitten as it snuggles close beneath your chin. The happy glow a puppy gives when trying to comfort you when you are feeling down. The heart swelling joy of mixed pride, sadness and joy when you witness your child’s wedding and when you hold your first grandchild.

 

I remember all these things and more, and thank you for the life you have given me, for the storms we weathered, and everything we shared, both good and bad.

 

I remember you….

 

 

ã Copyright jen- JG 6th July 2008

 

© 2008 jen -- JG


Author's Note

jen -- JG
bsaed on Picture 1 for the "Please Explain contest. Please say anything you please here.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on July 7, 2008

Author

jen -- JG
jen -- JG

Melbourne, Australia



About
I enjoy reading, writing and watching movies. There are two adorable cats in our household who give us much pleasure. i enjoy writing poetry of most kinds, rhyme - open verse - and often anything a.. more..

Writing