I Am Sorry

I Am Sorry

A Story by jen -- JG
"

written for the Pagemasters 2nd Contest story about picture supplied by Pagemaster I was unable to post the spoken word part for this contest here, but if you will find it on my profile page if you'd like to hear it.

"

 

I Am Sorry…

 

No one told me this button would lock the door and fill the cabin with poison gas. It took a while to figure out but of course, by then it was too late. You were both dead by the time I got the door open.

 

Am I sorry I killed you? You’d kidnapped me from my home world, left me naked and used me as a sex toy – so - no, I’m not sorry you and she are dead, after what you put me through your end was far too quick.

 

Didn’t you know my race can hold their breath for hours, in fact as long as I get one full breath every twenty four hours I don’t have to breath at all. Sure, you call me "half-breed" but I have adapted over the years, and there is a lot you don’t know about me.

 

What I am sorry for, is that for all the wonderful things I’ve learned over the centuries, the one thing, the one thing that kills me, is this craft is heading straight for the sun – I have a mouse for company, and neither of us can work the controls……………

 

Jen-JG

 

©Copyright 10th March 2009

 

 

 

© 2009 jen -- JG


Author's Note

jen -- JG
As always honesty works for me - thank you

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Love your take on the picture/contest/ Jen, it's very creative and well crafted~

I tried to wrap my mind around the picture and drew a blank~ lol, but you have nailed

it with a very descriptive and futuristic write~Is that really a mouse on her foot? eeks!

Fran


PS>> Just visited your page, Jen, to listen to the spoken word version~ beautifully read my friend!!


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

There is such irony within this. I like that the picture is not here; yet am curious of the inspiration.

I see within my thoughts a child, small and frail in appearance. Yet as the story progresses I find my thoughts moving to a small individual that has suffered greatly and now placed herself in great peril for a choice which was no choice at all.

Very nicely written.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I didn't see the picture, but even without it this is very good. Irony. In killing her captors, she dooms herself. Nice

Posted 12 Years Ago


Good narration
Really touching….


Posted 14 Years Ago


This is a great story jen. You are a wonderful writer.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very, very interesting. I especially liked the first paragraph.

Posted 14 Years Ago


this was a great story. please check this story out and tell me what you think http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/zzjordan89zz/450998/

Posted 14 Years Ago


Great take on the picture given.
Enjoyed the spoken word version. Nicely done :)



Posted 15 Years Ago


Love your take on the picture/contest/ Jen, it's very creative and well crafted~

I tried to wrap my mind around the picture and drew a blank~ lol, but you have nailed

it with a very descriptive and futuristic write~Is that really a mouse on her foot? eeks!

Fran


PS>> Just visited your page, Jen, to listen to the spoken word version~ beautifully read my friend!!


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

758 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 10, 2009
Last Updated on June 25, 2009

Author

jen -- JG
jen -- JG

Melbourne, Australia



About
I enjoy reading, writing and watching movies. There are two adorable cats in our household who give us much pleasure. i enjoy writing poetry of most kinds, rhyme - open verse - and often anything a.. more..

Writing