to all the lonely people.....

to all the lonely people.....

A Poem by Jen.ledda
"

some thougths on social networking

"

 

Facebook. Well facebook is going to get a little prose from me today.

Hello facebookers.

Hello husbands, wives, lovers, boyfriends, girlfriends, friends and acquaintances.

Facebook is a most lovely form of reconnection.   I have found some family and friends that have been distant through the changing tides of life, geography, experiences and travel, of whom it has been lovely to re-visit with…if even for a glimpse at how they have grown and what they have become; how children have added or changed their respective lives.  It is and has been lovely, truly.

Yet. And I stress yet. Facebook like many good things in life opens its eyes to the evils that we pained humans possess.  We walk not together in a Garden of Eden on this earthly plain; we for the most part, walk alone, in fear, laden by the measures of a carved out life that may be beautiful but has its colliding moments of being blissfully happy, brutally lonesome, along with utter excitement and devastating boredom. 

Facebook. It offers respite from all the emotions housed within our heart.  It offers a glimpse to someone else’s world, an escape of what might be better or most certainly is worse…but none of us share the worse.  It sometimes is a reality TV show; a train wreck to watch but dare not it be ours.

To all of you lonely facebook users…flirting with exes, or almosts…catching up on lost time due to your own choices…to all of you FB users, who reside in space vulnerable and want to chat your way into another’s somewhat healthy world with your hint and innuendo, I say pause. Deep breaths to decision on whom and how you communicate.  You are in an unparked car, waiting for a spot.  Unprotected are we, those watching what you do, whom you send your shallow and lonely energy, eeking into our already claimed position.  We see through your private hell, we see you want to seep your vulnerable onto us.  We, the wives of those who did not attend your school.  We the husbands of those who never met their past.  We the in-laws that deftly know how to read behind the lines of some base post. We know you are lonely and eat your donuts in the dark. We know you use a private space of chat to siphon the energy from an untroubled life and drop your sprinkles in a path to your faraway bed.  We know who you are. Do you?

 

© 2010 Jen.ledda


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hi Jen. Hope you are well. The facebookers eh? Well, I'm on there...I have all of 35 friends I think. (laughing) But mostly I use it to connect with old friends and family and to post my newly discovered videos from YouTube. :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Love it!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

662 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 12, 2010
Last Updated on April 12, 2010

Author

Jen.ledda
Jen.ledda

seattle



About
hello there. from ny, live in seattle, have many stories in my head of which i am now just getting around to expressing. im curious and at times quiet. tired of non doing. searching for the ranger w.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Pyrrhic Victory Pyrrhic Victory

A Poem by Bubo