My DIY Glass Door Replacement Project Went Wrong! How?

My DIY Glass Door Replacement Project Went Wrong! How?

A Story by jenifer alsen
"

While i have decided to replace my glass door by my self! I made an interesting experience while doing this.

"

Time teaches us many things. In fact, we learn a lot from different experiments in our life. And this time, it was my broken door glass that taught me the right lesson. I used to live in Arlington, VA for a long time and pretty much familiar with the local markets. Even though I know that there are the professional companies doing glass door replacement in Arlington, VA for the locals, I still felt that I should do the job on my own, this time. Actually, I was over confident at that time. I was so confident because maybe, Smith, my friend, did the same job successfully in the recent past and I was quite impressed by that. 

First, I took the measurements of the old screen with the help of measurement tape. It was necessary because I have to buy a new screen to replace it with the old wrecked screen. At that time, I thought unscrewing the old screen is never going to be a hard task. I went to the market and asked the seller to provide me the new screen of the same size. He asked me what type of glass you would like to buy. At that point of time, I got confused because I was unaware of the different types and qualities of the glass. However, I managed to buy a screen with the assistance of the shopkeeper.

Now, I had to unscrew the old broken screen and I found the different points to unscrew on the frame. It was really tough to unscrew a few screws because they were stuck badly in the points. However, I managed to unbolt them after putting up so much time and effort. Now the time was to disassemble the wrecked screen. This was the moment, when I got a big disappointment in the shape of the physical injury. While removing the old screen, the shards cut my finger and it was really a nasty blow.

The professionals doing glass replacement in Arlington, VA have proper safety tools and skills, which help them do such jobs safely. This was one lesson that I learnt from that incident. It took me so long to remove the old screen and during that time, I thought several times that I could have hired a pro for this job. But because of the fact that I initiated the project, so I was now willing to complete the project myself.

After removing the glass, I had to place the new screen in the frame. When I tried to fix the new screen, then I find out that it is not the exact size to fit in the place appropriately. Now, I was completely disappointed because after spending too much time and effort, I was still unable to finish the job. The whole day was passed and I was also too much tired. I decided that I should rest now and should call a company doing door glass replacement in Arlington, VA early morning. At last, it was a pro that came and fixed my damaged door. My DIY glass replacement project was a complete failure and I will never recommend you to consider the DIY approach to fix your wrecked doors.

more @ www.qrgtech.com/glass-repair-replacement-arlington-va-bath-tub-glass-door-arlington-va-patio-door-glass-replacement-arlington-va 

© 2017 jenifer alsen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Author

jenifer alsen
jenifer alsen

fairfax, VA



About
jenifer alsen is going to put knowledge here across different elements and service belongs to our daily life or have significant value.Hope it will great source of help for audience of UK and USA. more..

Writing