He's a man~He's human

He's a man~He's human

A Poem by Debra Wedin
"

*my statement, my opinions* Do you have a blind eye to the people of the streets? Just imagine if that was you? Don't assume and judge before you have the facts!!

"
He's a man without will, with a broken spirit..as weak as anyone can be*
He's a son of a woman, who was treacherous to him..no love was ever to be seen*
He's a brother to a sister, he tried to be brave..took in all of the severe pain for her*
He's a hero to his brother, who was born after him..he refused to let him be hurt*
He's a son to a father, a man who was dark..who lashed on his son in cruel ways*
He's a man who holds secrets, of his past in his mind..the extreme pain is felt to this day*
He's an emotional wreck, and unable to feel..he covers it with anything he can*
He's an alcoholic-a drug addict, a scared lost soul..who has given up and has no plan*
He's a son-a brother-a human being, a man who has nowhere to go*
He's lost his fight, to better himself..and has now ended up on skid-row*
He's invisible now, and nobody cares..they all walk by him with a blind eye*
He's a man with life, who needs your help-your ignoring him~I'm asking you why?*
He's in need of compassion, and positive words..to help his spirit heal*
He's not a bad soul, he's not a bad man..he's alive, he exists, he's real*







Written by: Debra Wedin
10/24/13

© 2013 Debra Wedin


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I give the bums money when they ask most of the time. Usually a buck. I could be in their shoes one day. One thing I know for sure is never say never

Posted 10 Years Ago


Debra Wedin

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your honesty!
People look at drug addicts and alcoholics as the lowest forms of life and of homeless addicts even more so. Regardless of the circumstances that get people to where they are indigent and relying on strangers to survive we can't just walk by with a blind eye and not help. I have never understood how others become invisible because society finds them distasteful they make believe they don't exist. They walk by with eyes straight never meeting the eyes of the person who needs help. When I was in San Francisco I could not believe how many people walked by a woman during business rush hour as she sat in a corner clutching a 2 year old looking for help. She was invisible. Did I stop you wonder? Yes, but what transpired between us was private, she is after all a human being and deserves some dignity. All these holier than thou souls who walk down the streets and don't even see a human being in need breaks my heart and I wonder sometimes if their god notices too. Your poem touched a raw nerve in me.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Debra Wedin

10 Years Ago

Thank you for all you said. Its comments like yours that i look forward to!@! And what you said is e.. read more
icelandicblue

10 Years Ago

Absolutely-feel free to use it.
Debra Wedin

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much. I want others to hear your thoughts and opinions.
Take care

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

270 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 17, 2013
Last Updated on November 17, 2013
Tags: homeless, lost, life, the streets

Author

Debra Wedin
Debra Wedin

NV



About
Doing the best I can, with what I have. I have two wonderful children. I have the most wonderful fiance. I love writing and love to learn more about it. more..

Writing
im back im back

A Poem by Debra Wedin