Westhill Consulting Travel & Tours Singapore: Jakarta Weather

Westhill Consulting Travel & Tours Singapore: Jakarta Weather

A Story by jessasiddins
"

Jakarta, the capital and largest city of Indonesia, has a hot and humid tropical wet and dry climate.

"

Jakarta, the capital and largest city of Indonesia, has a hot and humid tropical wet and dry climate.

 

 

Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia, is located at the northwest end of Java Island faces north onto Jakarta Bay and the Java Sea.  Being the regional center for business and culture and is also the jumping off point for reaching the Thousand Islands (Kepulauan Seribu) National Park, Jakarta has been booming on its tourism.

 

 

Located in the cosmopolitan, Jakarta has a superior modern edifices, old colonial style buildings, monuments, mosques and green parks that offer lovely contrasts. Visitor travels around in the central part of the city naming Merdeka Square and the National Monument, Istiqlal Mosque, Jakarta Cathedral.  There are a lot of shopping malls and the gem in the city's crown in the Old Jakarta city quarter.

 

 

Old Jakarta is full of heritage structures.  The examples of these heritage structures are: Wayang Museum, the Port Tower (Menara Syahbandar) and Kota Intan Drawbridge while a cultural park, Taman Mini Indonesia Indah, is in Jakarta's eastern suburbs and features exhibits, cultural shows and reconstructions from all over Indonesia.

 

 

The best time to visit Jakarta is during the dry season months from July to October but due to the drainage system being swamped, the Jakarta weather in the wet season months can cause flooding in parts of the city so this isn’t the best time to visit.  While, visitors who wish to spend the holidays in Pramuka Island or other islands in Kepulauan Seribu near Jakarta may perhaps visit in the rainy season, as it seldom rains for the whole day. 

 

It is the wet season in Jakarta during November till June Jakarta. January is the wettest month of the year when it receives around 400 mm of precipitation. Moreover, the month witnesses only 92 hours of sunshine. Throughout the wet season the average high stands at 32°C while the low falls to 24°C. In fact, temperature hardly varies from season to season in Jakarta.  While the rest of the month remains dry in Jakarta. During Summer Jakarta remains hot and humid with the average high of 34°C while the low stands at mid twenties. Rainfall is very much uncommon in the city, but not rare as September gets around 29 mm of precipitation. Although temperature remains somewhat hotter than those of monsoon months, it is the best season to visit the capital city of Indonesia.

 

 

 

Read more:

 

© 2014 jessasiddins


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Southeast Asia is a great destination for a cruise, Jakarta, Indonesia, KL, Malaysia, Beijing China, Singapore and much more, but if want to wander away from the beaten path on an Asian cruise vacation, consider booking a trip that calls in beautiful and exciting Angkor Wat, Cambodia. You will experience many of Cambodia's ancient temples, incredible jungles, pristine beaches and exciting excursions at the nation's sole deepwater port at Sihanoukville.

The Ruins of Angkor, one of the most significant archeological sites in all of Asia, date back to the reign of the Khmer Empire between the 9th and 15th centuries.

Protected UNESCO World Heritage location, Angkor Archaeological Park spans hundreds of square miles and is consists of a huge collection of remarkable monuments, temples and capital buildings. An example is the well-known Temple of Angkor Wat located at the center of the park as well as the other architectural marvels like Bayon, Preah Khan and Ta Prohm. You can interact with residents from the local villages that still call the ruins of Angkor home.

Psar Lu Market. There's no better place than Psar Lu Market if you want to gain an up close look at how contemporary and historic cultures merge in Cambodia. To be found outside the city of Siem Reap and is known as the gateway to the Temple of Angkor Wat, this busy marketplace is a local hub of culture and commerce. You'll see vendors selling all sorts of unique wares, ranging from handmade local crafts to tourist souvenirs perfect for remembering your Cambodian vacation as you tour the streets of Psar Lu Market.

Wat Krom and Wat Leu. Considered as the most important religious structures in the area, the two well-preserved Buddhist temples Wat Krom and Wat Leu is situated just outside of Sihanoukville.

Wat Krom translates to "lower wat," and is located on a small hill on Santipheap Street overlooking the coastline. Alternately, Wat Leu - the "upper wat" - sits on a taller mountain nearby and offers picturesque views of the town below. Both of these incredible sites feature impressive stonework and are decorated with statues of elephants and the Buddha.

Phnom Penh. Sited north of Sihanoukville, the nation's capital and largest city of Phnom Penh offers tourists with a collection of cultural attractions, commercial centers, government complexes and beautiful parks.

The city still has heavy influences from French colonization during the late 18th and early 19th centuries, and you can still hear French and Cambodian spoken side by side in Phnom Penh. While the delicious combination of Asian and French foods that comprises the local cuisine in restaurants and hotels throughout the city.

REFERENCES:
http://westhillconsulting.info
http://westhillconsulting.info/blog/


Posted 10 Years Ago


Nudist and naturist resorts are getting more and more popular and many is popping in every corner of the world. Here are the ten best nudist resorts in the world.

Caliente Caribe, Dominican Republic set aside several weeks in a year only for nudists. There is an overlooking view of the sparkling Caribbean added the fact that the attentive staff keep things low-key. Sometimes, it can be quiet if there is no theme or lifestyle week, therefore, visitors can choose to enjoy a nearly empty resort or go when a lifestyle week matches their own. The Caliente Caribe has a sister resort in Tampa, Florida and also offers erotic cruises

Recanto Paraiso, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on of the biggest resort in Brazil, has its promise of finding peace and has been keeping it by the surrounding lush mountains and blue skies. The resort also offers roomy chalets and camping areas. What is more, the naturist resort is a haven from urban stress. The resort is committed to customer satisfaction as well as several pools and events.

Bali Au Naturel, Bali, Indonesia, aside from the beauty of Jakarta, is a great tourist destination in Indonesia. This is a tropical paradise that visitors lie out on the black sand beach right in front of the resort, or snorkel and dive around the coral reef. There are many amenities that you can enjoy in this gay-owned resort such as canoes, massages, a sauna and a gym. A mix of traditional and 21st-century Indonesian architecture boost the avant-garde privacy and the laid-back vibe. There is no all-night ragers here, just a romantic, stylish getaway perfect for all.

Quinta de Horta, Ferragudo, Portugal. Enjoy fresh food with farm-to-table food, it is important in easing one’s carbon footprint and a sense of community. The naturist farmstead of Quinta de Horta is most definitely for only a certain kind of nudist. Those who are not interested with 5-star hotels, Quinta de Horta perfectly fits you. Part of this comes from the limited number of guests they receive at any given time and custom-built cottages. After lounging in the pool and sauna, grab a book from the library and settle under a fig or almond tree for total serenity

La Jenny, Gironde, France. Nudity is only requisite at the pool and beach of 740-acre La Jenny. This is open from spring to fall. Visitors can wear whatever they feel comfortable in while getting pampered at the spa, participating in the fitness programs or chilling out under some pine trees. Visitors can also take day trips through Bordeaux wine country or the Bay of Arcachon. From lovebirds to large families, each group can find their place here through the vast amount of things to do and the selection of chateaus, which range from studios to sprawling houses big enough for eight people.

Grab this site…. http://westhillconsulting.info/blog/


Posted 10 Years Ago


I agree, but the city isn’t that bad, I actually enjoyed my stay there late last year. It was a lot of fun.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I think you shouldn’t be concerned more regarding the weather, but the scams and other frauds in that city.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Just pack light, casual clothings and compact umbrella if you want to explore the town on foot or going to open places like markets or night market. Otherwise, you can borrow one from the hotel.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Well, you really can't predict the weather these days. Sometimes it rains (locally), but should not cause the temperature to drop too cold. So, at the meantime, you won’t be needing sweaters.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I believe it is pretty warm and very humid... all year long. It will rain a little, once a few days for about an hour... Yes, you can get soaked, but this would just be unlucky. You will not need sweaters, although last week there was a night when a long sleeved shirt came to my mind... But it wasn't needed. Unless you tend to get cold in air-conditioned rooms.

Posted 10 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1392 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 14, 2014
Last Updated on April 14, 2014
Tags: westhill consulting travel and t, Westhill Consulting Travel Artic

Author