It's OK for your Voice to Shake and your Stomach to Growl

It's OK for your Voice to Shake and your Stomach to Growl

A Poem by jessie avery
"

excerpt of something or other I will most likely never write...

"
Don't think I'm not familiar with the steadiness in your voice when you say that nothing is wrong, everything is under control, I'm ok, I promise. Is it similar to the voice in your head that masquerades its hunger and hurting with a steadiness that it false and faking, and STILL impossible to be denied? The voice that, when you only glanced at the cookies on the countertop, told you with far too much certainty, "good job," when you were able to look away. This was will power, you had heard-being able to say no. But then you say no too many times until you can't say yes, and you're reflection in the toilet bowl illustrating you with your fingers down your throat is stained with the blood spilling from your nose, and the only thing on your mind is how you need to get whatever food is in your stomach out before, god forbid, these carbs and these calories are utilized to nourish your already shameful body.

© 2015 jessie avery


Author's Note

jessie avery
I just wanted to get some writing written and posted. Here's an excerpt of a story or slam poem I may or may not ever write...any and all thoughts/opinions/suggestions are welcome...right now I'm looking for a meaningful direction/context to put this in.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on May 1, 2015
Last Updated on May 1, 2015
Tags: eating disorder