Texting misconstrue

Texting misconstrue

A Poem by jesserose99
"

just some texting annoyance

"

Texting misconstrue

something else

no that's you

that's not what I meant


Now you've done it

now I'm pissed

there's no reason

Ill just call


'why I don't know what you mean at all...

texting is the only way,

we people ever talk to day!'

© 2016 jesserose99


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Great poem! So timely. The main problem I have with texting (and with email and most electronic communication) is how inadequate it is in conveying nonverbal expression. Emoticons are an attempt to compensate for this deficit, but even emoticons are a poor substitute for the rich, intimate, and often unambiguous information we receive through facial expressions, voice tone (including volume and inflection), and body language. I would argue that most of the important information is in these nonverbal mediums versus the verbal content. No wonder we misinterpret one another's electronic communication so frequently!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

jesserose99

8 Years Ago

You must be psychic Neuro...I was kind of saying below how the only problem with texting is there is.. read more
NeuroVersifier

8 Years Ago

Glad to be of some service.



Reviews

I resisted texting as long as I could, I didnt understand the why someone would rather type than talk.
But now Im down that rabbit hole with the rest of the modern world. And it just proves it. Talking is so superior, (face to face even better). Seems as though with each step foward we take two steps back...

bill

Posted 8 Years Ago


Well, i belive texting is gud but not that cool in today's life. It's so sexy, & damn better to maka call 2 someone with whom damn heart's bosetted with. U know what, i happen 2 know, sometimes texting kills ur real life relationship with someone or whom u texting. U b cool with him in real but not so bimbo-ish when it goddamn comes 2 texting, man. I even loose many friends - the real life friends, just via texting so i hardly prefer texting. To me, it's sexy making a call & getting popped up to someone's damn heart am in need of. Yo, texting sucks, man. Yeah.. it certainly does. Ah, bloody economy! Never provide we sexies the call at low cost! Damn, texting's better then. But it's damn risky, man! Ha! *chuckling*

Anyways, enjoyed reading ur deepen poetry. Sounds fascinating.

Posted 8 Years Ago


jesserose99

8 Years Ago

Oh too true..do you know why I think it is so sexy when you actually call someone, because in this .. read more
Adam Adams

8 Years Ago

Awww... that's so fascinating when people ain't go agreed with others. Even that's what make 'em sex.. read more
i'm sorry, what did you say? i didn't catch that---could you say it in English please???????

:)))

imagine what it's like for English teachers when we get text language in essays or in emails from students...we tear our hair out.

i appreciate this.

Posted 8 Years Ago


jesserose99

8 Years Ago

too funny. You must tire of lol. It's modern day doofus hand..i mean short hand.
jacob erin-cilberto

8 Years Ago

i think you had it right the first time..."doofus"---
2QT - LOL

an acute observation - fun to read!

Posted 8 Years Ago


jesserose99

8 Years Ago

thanks solar for stopping on by!
Oh my, I am so guilty of this. I send what I think is a fun and light-hearted reply, only to be met with confusion or anger. Then I read it again and go ooh, that sounded rude.
You are right of course, we take one electronic and unemotional item and are surprised our words lose meaning. Emoji's will never replace feeling, seeing compassion in the eyes of the speaker, or surprise. No hand gestures or any other guide to help with the narrative. I think we all turn into teenagers with text. "I was like hmm, and she was like whatever and I said no way and she said how random. and don't get me started on loll's. I have never once detached my a*s feom laughing so much.WHAT ARE WE DOING TO OURSELVES? WE GOTTA STOP THIS MADNESS AND TLK FACE TO FACE.

***This message was brought to you by the grumpy old git foundation*** :)



Posted 8 Years Ago


jesserose99

8 Years Ago

you are like...so right!! omg!! lol! lmao! of course!
alifeacoustic

8 Years Ago

ROFlWSSMTT.....rolling on floor laughing, while somehow still managing to type :)
Great poem! So timely. The main problem I have with texting (and with email and most electronic communication) is how inadequate it is in conveying nonverbal expression. Emoticons are an attempt to compensate for this deficit, but even emoticons are a poor substitute for the rich, intimate, and often unambiguous information we receive through facial expressions, voice tone (including volume and inflection), and body language. I would argue that most of the important information is in these nonverbal mediums versus the verbal content. No wonder we misinterpret one another's electronic communication so frequently!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

jesserose99

8 Years Ago

You must be psychic Neuro...I was kind of saying below how the only problem with texting is there is.. read more
NeuroVersifier

8 Years Ago

Glad to be of some service.
Haha, this fits like a glove. Such a shame text communication is so flawed. It's so convenient, and so dominant in our society. I've had many a thought about hypothetical symbols that could take the guessing out of text, but alas, it is just the ramblings thoughts of one person.

Posted 8 Years Ago


jesserose99

8 Years Ago

I don't know Clifford, keep that in mind maybe one day...it sure gets old trying to figure out what .. read more
Texting isn't the problem. Texting IS writing. It's great. The problem, as usual, is dummies.

Posted 8 Years Ago


The Twin Arenas

8 Years Ago

Yeah, you're right. There's something to be said about the immediacy of the way we communicate. On.. read more
jesserose99

8 Years Ago

Oh my goodness....you are so right. There were days you couldn't get a hold of someone when they we.. read more
The Twin Arenas

8 Years Ago

where have you gone, Pony Express
What a shame our human contacts have taken a back seat to technology. We've become robots, digital words with no faces or facial expressions. To talk to someone in real life can be awkward now at times. We need more human contact. TFS.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

jesserose99

8 Years Ago

Thanks for stopping by and returning the review Cherry...a pleasure!
hahaha How true is communication today!

Posted 8 Years Ago


jesserose99

8 Years Ago

I know if it isn't in type, we don't quite comprehend. if you ask me, we don't comprehend the type .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

549 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 5, 2016
Last Updated on January 5, 2016

Author

jesserose99
jesserose99

lakewood, CO



About
I am a tarot reader and numerologist, who loves to write poetry. I also write songs and love to sing and play guitar. I love art too, so clearly I just have a passion for creativity. Also love my dog.. more..

Writing
roads roads

A Poem by jesserose99



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..