The memories are ours to carry

The memories are ours to carry

A Poem by J

he talks about our future like he means it. There are universes where I never kissed you, so I never learned what it was like when you stopped kissing back and in some universes you might still like me like how you used to like how you would nuzzle against my neck and ask for more time cuddling in bed and you’d hunt for my hand to hold no matter the situation in some universes maybe i even take that for granted but I can’t remember the last time you said something that meant so much in this world when they fell out of your lips because recently all it’s been are half-truths and stuttering when you think you’ve got something to say. In some universes, I am not picturing her hair spread across your pillow or how her laugh punctures the air or how she fits so much better against your body than I ever did. And in some universes, I never tasted you so I haven’t started brushing my teeth until I bleed and when I lie down at night, I just go to sleep and I don’t stay up wondering how it is possible that I never saw all of this coming. The truth is, I did see it all coming. If you recall, I said it from the beginning that the end of time will fall upon us and you will be the one who falls out of the relationship first. How sad is that to hear? Two people who might have liked each other so much larger than this universe maybe even love, and then one of them doesn’t feel that way anymore? I want you to know that you were enough for me, not long ago. Even though we aren’t together anymore, the memories are ours to carry and I will carry you with me forever.

© 2014 J


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on August 28, 2014
Last Updated on August 28, 2014
Tags: Heart break

Author

J
J

About
So I'm a tad bit lame and my hobbies include on my obsessing over John Legend, being addicted to watching gossip girl on Netflix, and writing about bitter sweet love with a boy who doesn't exist in my.. more..