Something Into Nothing

Something Into Nothing

A Story by Jessica M. Martinez
"

A young woman comes to realize that a choice she made might be the wrong one. But it's too late.

"

It was there and then it wasn’t. Before it was gone, I think they called it a zygote, it existed. The nurse said it was okay and I should just lie down. She said there was no judgment here, and I believed her. I didn’t say goodbye to it.

            Before that, it was made, by two kids who were bored and wanted something to do. So we did something which led to something else, and that led to it. I was scared because I didn’t know how I was going to take care of it. He was scared because he didn’t want it in the first place. I wouldn’t know how to tell my parents about it, or hold it, or feed it, and love it. I only knew how to make it. He said it wasn’t his and he wanted nothing to do with it when I told him about it. I said, “Of course it’s yours. Now be a man and take care of it.”

            Then he hit me and pushed me down on the floor, thinking it would go away. But it didn’t. A week later he apologized saying, “I’m sorry. I’m worried because I can’t support it. We have to take care of it. It’s the best thing for us.”    

            It was gone faster than it was made. Before it left, forever, I thought I felt it kick. The doctor said there was no way. Then I thought I heard it scream. Then it was gone.

© 2012 Jessica M. Martinez


Author's Note

Jessica M. Martinez
Wrote this for my creative writing class.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on February 23, 2012
Last Updated on February 23, 2012

Author

Jessica M. Martinez
Jessica M. Martinez

TX



About
Full time college student majoring in English and minoring in creative writing. I try to write full time and I want to teach english at a community college. more..

Writing