Unsung hero

Unsung hero

A Poem by StoriesGuy14
"

Prose about a higher being

"
God visits us once in a while.
When the wind blows hard and the sky turns black, there you will find Him.
He dwells here and there, they say, like the unsung hero to a war no one wanted. 
When we least expect it, there He shows up.
Now, granted, my friends, He doesn't show up in the ways we always want.
He does it on His terms.
He is God after all.
We are humans.
Who are we to say what He will or won't do? 
Who are we to determine where and how He will choose to visit us? 
When the deranged and odd stir up the need to intervene and make noise for no reason we can conjure, He shows himself. 
When those who have little decide they want to do some good, seeking no reward, He shows himself.
When great floods make their homes among our streets, leaving us to feel no hope, no glimmer of joy, distress at the reality of the aftermath of such inhuman destruction, He is there. 
When earthquakes wipe out parts of the world we have established for ourselves, causing people to question all they know, well, some say the same thing goes.
In the wake of total darkness, total despair and a complete inability to see light and fight for a greater, good cause, He empowers your soul to fight the battle from within, manifesting to choose a side and fight for it...however you choose.
He graces us with blessings that are not of our hands or any other humans hands.

Thus, I shall leave you with this:
"I wanna thank God, because that's who I look up to.
He has graced my life with opportunities and blessings that I know are not of my hand or any other human hand.
He has shown me that, it's a scientific fact, that gratitude reciprocates." -Matthew McConaughey, delivering his acceptance speech for his Oscar-winning performance in Dallas Buyers Club

However and whenever your next visit comes, enjoy it, embrace it and go with it.

© 2016 StoriesGuy14


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on June 29, 2016
Last Updated on June 29, 2016

Author

StoriesGuy14
StoriesGuy14

Austin, TX



About
Been writing since I was a teenage kid. Somehow, someway just picked up a notebook, found a pen, started writing things and have never really stopped. It's a passion, hobby, ongoing cerebral grind, an.. more..

Writing
200 MPH 200 MPH

A Story by StoriesGuy14





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5