From Here and There

From Here and There

A Screenplay by StoriesGuy14
"

Famous quotations from various origins

"
A few lines from various arenas of my mind's playground. Can you guess the films?
Emperor Commodus
Rise. Rise! Your fame is well-deserved Spaniard. Or, as for this young man, he insists you are Hector reborn. (Maximus remains kneeling) Why doesn't the hero reveal himself and tell us all his real name? You do have a name? My name is Gladiator. (Maximus turns on Emperor Commodus.) How dare you turn your back to me?! Slave! You will remove your helmet and tell me your name.
Maximus
My name is Maximus Desmus Meridius. Commander of the armies of the North. General of the Felix Legions. Loyal servant to the true Emperor Marcus Arelius. Father to a murdered son. Husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.
Crowd
Live! Live! Live! Live!
Commodus motions for crowd to hush. Then, slowly, gives a 'Thumbs up'. He allows Maximus to live. 
_____________________________
Coach Yoast
Alright. Defense, on me. Alright, now. I don't them to gain another yard. You blitz all night! If they cross that line of scrimmage I'm going to take every last one of you out. You make sure they remember, forever, the night they played the Titans! Leave no doubt.
Defense sacks the quarterback.
Julius talks trash to the fallen player.
You better make yourself comfortable down there. Real comfortable.
Police officer rolls up to Julius in neighborhood.
Julius
Officer.
Officer
Heck of a game you boys played the other night. 
Julius
Thank--thank you, Officer.
Officer
Best defense I've seen in twenty years. You tell that Coach of yours to keep up the good work.
Julius
Oh yeah. Yes, sir. I'll do that. 
_____________________
Marci
1.7 for three years?! Man, we owe more than that!
Rod
Jerry, I'm worried. I'm getting worried. 
Jerry
It's alright. It's alright. This is how these things go. We're going to roll with this problem.
Marci
What do you mean 'roll with this problem'? You ask me, you haven't gotten emotional enough over this man. You know what? Somebody get me Bob Sugar on the line. 
Jerry
You wanna leave me?
Marci
You know, a lot of agents say a lot of s**t. So what do you stand for? Huh? What do you stand for?!
Dorothy
How about a little piece of integrity in this world that is so full of greed and lack of honor ability that I don't even know what to tell my son?! Except here: here's a guy who isn't yelling "show me the money"? You know he is broke, and working for you for free? Broke. Broke, broke, broke. I'm sorry. -I'm just not as good at the insults as she is. 
Marci
No, that was pretty good. 
Rod
No s**t.
Dorothy
Rod, let me show you something.
Dorothy walks into kitchen, about to show him Jerry's Mission Statement from S.M.I. days.
Jerry
Oh, no no no no no.
Dorothy
Jerry, I just think if he see's this then--
Jerry
No, let's head back into the living room area--
Rod
Jerry--tell me what to do. You tell me this is all we can get, this is the best we can get. 
Marci
The best we can get?
Rod
Marci, please. I'm talking with my agent here.
Marci
No, Rod. This is what you're going to do. This is what you're going to do: you're going to reject that s****y contract. You're going to play out the rest of your existing s****y contract. And you're going to go and be a Free Agent next year. Baby, this is us. You and me. Hey, we determine our worth. Baby, you are a proud, strong, surviving, splendid black man.
Rod
Marci. You're the s**t! (laughs and kisses her)
Jerry
If you get injured, you get zero.
Rod 
It won't happen. I'm strong in mind.
Marci
That's right.
Jerry
Rod, it's a risk. 
Rod
Hey hey hey. You bet on me like I bet on you. Huh? (Offers his hand in agreement.)
Rod
You know?! Huh? You there, baby? You there?! 

© 2017 StoriesGuy14


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on February 24, 2017
Last Updated on February 24, 2017

Author

StoriesGuy14
StoriesGuy14

Austin, TX



About
Been writing since I was a teenage kid. Somehow, someway just picked up a notebook, found a pen, started writing things and have never really stopped. It's a passion, hobby, ongoing cerebral grind, an.. more..

Writing
200 MPH 200 MPH

A Story by StoriesGuy14