Northern States Wondering If It's Too Late to Let The South Secede

Northern States Wondering If It's Too Late to Let The South Secede

A Story by Jill
"

A short, satirical news article guaranteed to make you laugh (provided you aren't from the south)

"
At a time when America was just starting to get good at oppressing minorities, the Southern states, insisting that they had been growing apart for a long time, finally broke with the Union. Citing the break-up as “the best thing for both of us,” and “long overdue,” Confederate President Jefferson Davis called the North “clingy” and “demanding,” insisting that the North just didn’t understand that blatant racism and systematic oppression wasn’t just a phase, it’s who they really are. So, like any scorned ex, the Union fought to get them back the only way it knew how �" slaughtering their families and destroying their homes. Now more than 200 years later, like anyone in an unhealthy relationship, we’re starting to regret getting back together. Other than the fantastic cooking, they’re really dragging us down. It’s becoming more and more difficult to explain to friends why we’ve insisted on staying with an uneducated, fairly racist, and religiously dogmatic partner. The fights just keep getting worse. It’s impossible to argue with them. I swear if I have to justify evolution over creationism one more time… I’ll secede myself. 

© 2015 Jill


Author's Note

Jill
Even though it's in the story category it's not supposed to be a story. It's one of the fake news articles from my website currenteventcomedy.com. Let me know what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on May 29, 2015
Last Updated on May 29, 2015
Tags: satire, humor, comedy, south, north, politics

Author

Jill
Jill

MI



Writing
Crashing Crashing

A Story by Jill


A Frustrating Job A Frustrating Job

A Story by Jill