A Runner's Prayer

A Runner's Prayer

A Poem by James Wilson

I believe you've given me a passion for this, so my prayer is that would take something as simple as this run and use it to bring glory to Your Name. As You provide strength to my steps I ask that my thoughts would dwell on You. Any pain that I feel I want to remind me of the sacrifice You made for me on the cross.
Who am I that You are mindful of me and care for my life? Who am I that You would lay down Your life so I could be free? Lord, I pray that You would keep selfish thoughts far from me as I run. You are more impressive than any broken record or race finished. I would be nothing without you, for I did not create myself. I can train but you built this body. It's Yours, You fashioned my physical self and my most inward being.
I am blessed beyond measure and should never take for granted that I am able do this. The joy You allow me to feel when I run is amazing. When the pain ceases to slow me down and I am thinking thoughts in prayer and praise to You, I am overcome with thanks and gratitude.
Even the days that don't seem good, You make good. When I don't feel well and the run is difficult, You remind me that even when life can leave me weak and feeling incapable of continuing on, You carry me through it anyway. Whatever lies ahead of me today, good or bad, I ask that in some way it would be praise and worship to You. You deserve the praise, not me. All the glory to Your great name. Amen.

© 2013 James Wilson


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on June 4, 2013
Last Updated on June 4, 2013




Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5