The acquarium

The acquarium

A Story by It's Me, The Miracle
"

A story about a love between me and my kitty

"
Kitty seemed curious about the movement that suddenly appeared in the glass box kept on the drawing table. Apart from a machine that blows bubbles, there are several other colorful objects in it. Even with repeated thinking, she couldn't understand how those colorful objects made swift movements. After a deep routed observation, she discovered that the box is not empty, it is filled with water and the colorful moving objects are not just objects, but alive. This discovery added her interest and she tried to identify the smell of those colorful creatures. After a research that lasted for a few minutes, she understood that they are fishes. Some of them have golden color whereas some others have blue color when a few of them are painted with silver color.
As hungry after the evening walk, she seemed to want all those fishes as her dinner. Making herself comfortable in a posture to jump upon the table, she looked at me to know my response on her plan to eat the newly seen creatures in the house. Though understood, I pretended as if I am ignorant about her dinner plans. As she felt me not interested in her want, she again shifted her focus to the aquarium. Then she looked at my mother’s face who was watching TV, without even having any interest in our affairs. As both of us didn't seem interested, the kitty stood straight. She tried to straighten her legs and tail together. This is what she often does, whenever she is on the verge of making a decision. Her very first attempt to catch the fish from the aquarium is followed by a quick slap on her face.
It took a few seconds for the kitty to recover from the shock. She couldn't even realize the source of that surprising attack. Being upset, she stared at me and growled. As I was not listening, she turned her head and looked at my mother, who was deluged in the tears out of television serials. Since my mother appeared to the kitty like a statue, she slowly walked towards her and growled in a very low voice. There was no response, so the kitty poked her softly to check whether mother is alive or not. Distracted from the streams of tears, mother took the kitty with her left hand and made it lay on her lap. While getting pampered by my mother, kitty looked at me as if my mother does not belong to me anymore, but her exclusive asset.
In spite of having the highest rate of enjoyment, she left my mother’s lap within a short period of time but with no doubts that it was me who slapped her. She stared at me once again and straightened herself out as if she is about to attack. On this development, I stand from the chair. My sudden move made her withdraw her decision, but she was not ready to give up. She followed me till the kitchen door and waited there for me to return. She took her old place on the drawing table when I came back to my seat. While I was busy writing, she tried to invite my attention by trying to catch the fish. Though, I made her not to do it, she continued her attempts.
In the mean time mother made to go to the kitchen and brought a bowl full of milk. As I was looking, she poured the milk in the kitty’s bowl. All of a sudden kitty forgot the fishes and made to reach the bowl. She drank the milk without fail and after licking even the last drop from the bowl she looked at me. A look that has a lot of meaning, a look with which the kitty proved that my mother loves her more than me, a look with which she showed me that she had the dinner much earlier than me. Next time, when the kitty sat on the drawing table she was gifted with an emotional superiority.
With the advantage of the newly gained emotional domination, she tried to irritate me with her repeated attempts, instead of me trying to irritate her. Somehow at a time when I was completely immersed in my work, she made to catch a gold fish from the aquarium. Instead of eating it at once, the kitty wanted me to see her win over my monopoly and she meowed several times keeping the fish in front of her. The fish was still alive when I see it. Though, it was not able to leap, the gills of the fish were moving. Mom!!! I screamed in the next second. Though, scared by my abrupt reaction, the kitty was happy and looked at me with a winning smile.

Mother who reached the scene in a second took the fish and put it in the water again. After a few seconds of dilemma, it regained its health and started swimming again. When both I and mother were trying to save the fish, the kitty was still looking at me with the pride of her win over me. She seemed to be happy on the fact that she could take the fish out of the aquarium and she is loved by my mother more than me.  It didn't take so much time for her pride to pave the way for sorrow as mom hit her with a stick. “Never touch the aquarium from now on” mother was really angry when she gave this instruction to the kitty. From next day, kitty assumed charge as the body guard of the aquarium. Both of us still keep irritating and loving each other. 

© 2013 It's Me, The Miracle


Author's Note

It's Me, The Miracle
Thanks for reading

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

amazing piece, my friend..
Well done!

Posted 10 Years Ago


It's Me, The Miracle

10 Years Ago

Thank you K

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 3, 2013
Last Updated on September 3, 2013
Tags: Kitty, cat, fish, aquarium