Forever Valentine

Forever Valentine

A Poem by Broken Warrior
"

To my Valentine

"
This won't be a typical poem, love.  I've found myself being more driven to articulate, in different ways how to express my love for you. I know it may seem at times that my "I Love You's" are becoming cliche, they're not.
Each word in that statement is intended and sincere.

I.
I gave up on love.
I sought nothing more out of life, than to live between tragedies. To exist within moments of despair. My goals were, survive and survive longer, with no real motive. You've changed that.
I, now wake up each day with an incredible desire to be there for and with you. I look forward to every moment I can spend with and seeing you. I strive for your happiness, as it ties in with my own. I am no longer the me I was because you not only saved me but changed and continuously improve me.
I am yours.

Love.
We both know how this word has been thrown around for so long by so many for the wrong reasons and in the wrong ways.
I've found its true expression in us. Love is what I have for you in an inexpressible amount. It's what fuels the passion, purpose and resolve I have to be your everything in every way. It's what makes me go to bed excited to wake a day closer to seeing you. It's what makes me consider at every turn, every decision, "how will this help my wife to be?". I never knew love because I never knew you. You are my love's definition.

You.
You are my tomorrow, my today, my future and my right now. You are the person who has single handedly mended wounds you weren't even aware of. You took someone with no care for mundane events and made each special. Cooking, cleaning, sitting saying absolutely nothing, is a tremendous experience when spent with you.
You better me, my better half.
You increase me.
You make me smile, laugh and cry in so many wonderful ways.
I never actually experienced this version of me before, but I love it.
I Love You.

Its clear now, that cupid has finally taken proper aim. His focus shifted to me and his influence runs deep and strong.
You are my Happily Ever After.
This holds true regardless of circumstances. 
You are my motivator.
I do nothing that isn't for you and our future and our childrens' future.
Yes, you are my Queen.
Whether you feel like royalty or not.
You make my modest home feel like a palace, and my room, our kingdom.

You will never know just how much you've made a tremendously positive impact on me and that's fine. It just means that every opportunity I get to show you, I'll take until that final breath.

Happy Valentine's Day
To my Forever Valentine.

With love that eradicates reason and boundaries.

May your joy be as full as you've made mine.

© 2021 Broken Warrior


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
Added on February 14, 2021
Last Updated on February 14, 2021

Author

Broken Warrior
Broken Warrior

Kingston, Jamaica



About
Inherited the love for writing from a family of writing so I use it as a means of expression given the fact that verbal discussion of my issues or cases is not my strong suit. more..

Writing