A Few Years Change.

A Few Years Change.

A Story by J,D
"

A overall view of the person I've changed into and how my perspective on things has changed since my last writing.

"
It's been a few years since I've expressed myself on Writers-cafe. I look back on some of my writing and some of the writing of people that I know, and I realize that we all change. Not just physically, but mentally. Our emotions, our perspectives, even the people we let in and out of our lives change. Change can be good. You adapt and you grow as the world grows around you. You bring in knowledge and store it as experience. Life is a fantastic thing. To study, to learn, to understand. I am still too young to think i know even a sliver of what life can be. Though I am happy to note that I am learning. 
Now to the more personal. I am currently caught in a "love-triangle" and it's honestly tearing me apart. It's a terrible feeling to know that you're the other guy (or girl, in cases that women are in). All i want to do is hold her close to me and love her. However i don't think that she will allow that to happen. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of "hooking-up" with her. You can look at that term in which ever way you like. Her current boyfriend doesn't know and i wont let him know. It would devastate him and tear him to pieces. I often find myself caring about others way more than i car about myself. In a way, i am glad that i can feel this feeling. It reassures me that i am human and can still feel. 
Enough about personal issues and onto the main topic. How much have i changed? I would like to think that i have grown a considerable amount since my last writing. A little wiser and intelligent. I think the point i'm trying to get at is.. Growing and learning is good. It will always be good and we will never stop till the day we die. However changing who you are or what you believe in is a whole other matter entirely. Don't change who you are just to adapt to your surroundings or situations that you may be in. Believe in yourself. Believe that you can pull through anything. Love yourself. Protect yourself. Don't change your dreams. Change your reality. Pursue what makes you happy and if you're happy, continue to live that way. Because if you don't, who will?

© 2012 J,D


Author's Note

J,D
A short and hopefully enjoyable read to you guys who find it interesting enough to read till the end. Thank you. =)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on June 4, 2012
Last Updated on June 4, 2012

Author

J,D
J,D

Palm Coast, FL



About
Well, well, well. WELL HI! =D im Julian, and i am not a writer. Well i am i guess because i HAVE written stuff, but all the serious stuff i have ever written thats any good is either with my old teach.. more..

Writing
Invisible Invisible

A Poem by J,D