A Thought Your Post Invoked

A Thought Your Post Invoked

A Story by martinRFR

It’s the 'belief' of god that had driven men do horrendous feats. Not god per se. There is a big difference. I will not elaborate it to avoid ostracism; I believe you got my point.

Having the religious fervor and zeal will not make you righteous, well you are but only as confined by the bounds where one’s religion belongs to. I don’t have to be fanatically religious to claim that I believe in god and how almighty he is, or to prove that he actually exists. I find it quite a humor that because I refuse to go to church and hear mass people, pretty much those I had close ties with, brand me a non-believer. Well I’m a non-believer of customs, in my words, dull routines which my teachers in grade school incited on me to learn to read and write, but not of the existence of a god that made my existence possible. i refuse the concept of a personal god, presented by mid-eastern practices. But I could not deny the world and the universe operates in harmony, it might appear randomly to us, but our finite minds cannot be trusted in terms of comprehending massive systems that encompasses us. S**t happens as we put it in words. Speaking of harmony, individual noise we may find discordant but in the mind of a virtuoso, it becomes melodious. It’s still a feeble attempt to provide that god exists and that he is the greatest of minds. But even our finite minds, our short spanned existence, and equally shortsightedness, we still find the world we live in (despite of heinous crimes, wastes of indescribable disgust among us, leaders wallowing in greed and lies, death, despair and incurable diseases) beautiful in a grander scale. Widening the horizon beyond religious restraint, or any social constraint, even personal ones, the world is indeed beautiful. I actually find my existence dull, that I came into this world because there are a man and woman more than two decades ago engaged in coitus relationship, I am here, I exist, having bliss at times, mostly miserable, in doubt of my own self’s worth and the government’s goal, and yet, despite all this, I still find dusk or dawn a pretty sight. God, in personal terms, did not create it out of whim to please me, what am I, a special one in his eyes? I say, I don’t need any religion or social norms to point if god exists or not, a single deity or numerous, is god a he or a she. The very existence I have would not be possible, and so are yours, if there is no actual source from where it would be from. Random things happen, the law of probability states so, but the law of possibility, that is something entirely. Well, I will respect if you are adamant to my claim. Just don’t claim that you got a good life because your personal god answered your prayers, it would be illogical to the claim that god is perfect. It is a chink that the system created by a perfect designer is flawed if the architect would make revisions after it had been set into motion. (the last statement may seem cryptic, I intend to do so)

© 2013 martinRFR


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on November 1, 2013
Last Updated on November 1, 2013

Author

martinRFR
martinRFR

Metro Manila, Philippines



About
I derive most of my writings from a pessimistic point of view, so most of my themes, most people say, are quite sordid. But its not entirely true, i tried to put into words, written, what i have in mi.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by martinRFR


One One

A Chapter by martinRFR


Two Two

A Chapter by martinRFR