The Keeper of Dreams

The Keeper of Dreams

A Poem by James McLendon
"

Out there is something more

"

O’er tempest tossed seas I sail, towards the setting sun and horizons unknown.

Weary travellers, put out to sea from life’s sandy shores, pass me along the way.

They know, as do I, our paths are different, yet the destination remains the same.

I drift onward, thrown about by the waves, ever chasing the thief who stole my dreams.

Dreams we all had, with visions so fair, in our mind’s eye the future was radiant and clear.

Time however was subtle and sly, with whispers of tomorrow and countless days thereafter.


How blind I was, how foolish and weak, to think Time was a companion, a friend to be trusted.


With each day that passed, another dream was stolen away, relegated to mere flights of fancy and wishful thinking.


Their sirens’ call, it drives me now, forever chasing the fleeting feeling of hope that perhaps out there is something more.


They see it in my eyes, my fellow wanderers set adrift to find their way.

In hushed voices and muted tones I hear them say.


“There goes one seeking The Keeper of Dreams”

© 2014 James McLendon


Author's Note

James McLendon
Not my usual thing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on August 26, 2014
Last Updated on August 26, 2014
Tags: time

Author

James McLendon
James McLendon

Brisbane, QLD, Australia



Writing