obtuse

obtuse

A Story by josephine dinnair
"

just think for a moment

"

The pressure of the everyday monotonies of life, bills, childcare, ignorant bosses. Time is wasted , too much information, the world a big worrying mess. over coffee i ponder are there any positives. nature , air thats what i need! i shall walk home from work through that little patch of woods thats left , i can just about squeeze it in .

i tred the leaves where she herself once walked. i know it is dusk , but through the trees i see time rewind silently. i look down and see a locket entwined in the bracken. a tiny pewter book with four pages. "the past, the present, the future , the spaces in between " scratched into  the metal. as i grasp it, i feel the pumping of a weak blood line travel up through my third finger, to deep within me. time behind the trees stops. i carry on down the path , familiar yet with peices missing. ahead a fountain, within its spray a full spectrum. i thought for a moment i hear a child whisper. there she sits on a bench behind the fountain , beckoning  me closer. i am not afraid, i feel solid, drawn to the soil.  my roots are here. i arrive, look down upon her . she scolds me for being late. we turn left and stroll to the manor. through gateway, then studded door. down dark oak clad halls. to where HE sits in all his splendor. now this , THIS is more than a walk in the park! as i kneel before his majesty i feel a glory, a power , a strength and beauty  no text book or tour guided trip can convey. a deep bellowing tone , black eyes sparkle. i have one thing to say before i send you on your way  as i can all but bare the stench of dispair. i vibrate in my grave at what you in your epoch have become. you say you are now civilised , yet even with the inventions and knowledge to create, preserve and prolong life , you destroy the very earth you walk upon. yes i was a barbarian, with no moral fortitude, but an honest proud grafting people were we , not leeches on the hands that fed us. whom won you your freedom. i pity you as i watch you weighed down by tiny inconvieniences and disgusted as you walk by the oh so many collection tins. if you learn one thing today. look at the innocence and fair view of a child, preserve that in each and everyone of you and in turn you preserve your survival. i crumble to the floor , shame heavy. he roars. pick yourself up , i should trample you under my foot . but for the natural order of things i give you that life is an eternal cycle. the past the present ,the future and us living in the spaces in between, i tell you this to save myself.

we are all the same just repeated same mistakes different time. i only state the obvious. go back down your path with my sight in your eyes. i drop the locket, time fast forwards. i walk back home.

 

© 2010 josephine dinnair


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

206 Views
Added on August 24, 2010
Last Updated on August 24, 2010

Author

josephine dinnair
josephine dinnair

london, notting hill, United Kingdom



About
i am 35 and have just developed a desire to start writing and would value any comments on my scribblings x My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems; give me work. Give me the most abstruse.. more..

Writing