SENSES IN CONFLICT

SENSES IN CONFLICT

A Poem by Sir Joe
"

a short free verse

"
Your words were clear,
I heard them loud.
Your actions unencumbered,
I saw them so vividly.
My ears, they hear.
My eyes, they see;
Both are so perceptive,
But which should I believe?

© 2013 Sir Joe


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You just told me not to over think. Now, do you think I can read what this piece is trying to convey if I will not over think? As a reader, reading between the lines of this poem to draw interpretation is I believe more difficult than what the poetic persona had undergone while reading the person, (s)he was referring to, beyond his/her words and behavior to know what to believe in.

Senses in Conflict : Verbal versus Non-Verbal, be guided.
The senses of the poetic persona are in struggle in identifying what to believe : the words which has a mark of clarity and the action so vividly or the truth being seen by the persona beyond the words and actions which I believe are different from the spoken words.

Sir Joe, I must say, “ Brevity is the soul of the wit.”
Now, do I still need to say d*mn?! :)


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sir Joe

10 Years Ago

hehehe Yeah, syllabus-making, still. tsk3 how about you? watchadoin'?
Belle

10 Years Ago

Just done with two syllabi, and now re-reading Beowulf. Ooops, don't ever laugh. I've read the tale .. read more
Sir Joe

10 Years Ago

Wow! Good for you. I'm still down to 4 syllabi. =(



Reviews

You could have synesthesia and get a twofer, just for extra confusion :) Great poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I love the vivid words, and vocabulary you used. Short, but detailed, I enjoyed, thank you.
.....Cheyanne

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sir Joe

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Cheyanne. =)
Yes, perception is all....but it sure does depend on how many senses are in use...and how sharp they are. Ultimately, we rely on the least tangible of all - intuition. A very intriguing piece. P.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sir Joe

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Sir Pete.
=)
SJ, this is a short one but it really speaks volume. I'll just give my review based on those that come into my mind while reading the piece...

We are given that senses so that we can hear and see things around us. But have you asked yourself if you really see a thing in a way it is, or you let yourself believe in what you intend to see? And have you asked yourself if you really hear that voice in it's true sound, or you let yourself believe in what you intend to hear?

It's an irony that sometimes you have to close your eyes to see things deeper than what you could see...and you have to cover your ears to hear things louder than what you could hear. You have that heart to feel the sensibility of words...and you have that mind to think as to the rectitude of the acts.
Or maybe it is your own mind and heart which have this conflict and now giving you the wrong interpretations of what you see and hear?

I believe that you are a young and talented man. You are gifted with that understanding which others don't have. You can use it so that you can get out of that conflict.

Hear it from your lola. Lol. Peace be with you!


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

"You're a lola, then you're more experienced than I am."

Lol. It's not about age. There.. read more
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

*who seem
Sir Joe

10 Years Ago

hehehe Then I must thank you for sharing them with me. =)
believe the one...
that listens to the soul
believe the one...
that sees the soul
believe both...
one means not much without the other
a lovely read
thank you for sharing

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sir Joe

10 Years Ago

thank you so much, Holly
i cant help trying to figure out what was going through your mind when you wrote this. some sort of dilemma?
i really like how relate-able this is for me.
Nice!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sir Joe

10 Years Ago

Dilemma, it is! Thank you for taking some time to read this work of mine, Ruth. =)
You just told me not to over think. Now, do you think I can read what this piece is trying to convey if I will not over think? As a reader, reading between the lines of this poem to draw interpretation is I believe more difficult than what the poetic persona had undergone while reading the person, (s)he was referring to, beyond his/her words and behavior to know what to believe in.

Senses in Conflict : Verbal versus Non-Verbal, be guided.
The senses of the poetic persona are in struggle in identifying what to believe : the words which has a mark of clarity and the action so vividly or the truth being seen by the persona beyond the words and actions which I believe are different from the spoken words.

Sir Joe, I must say, “ Brevity is the soul of the wit.”
Now, do I still need to say d*mn?! :)


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sir Joe

10 Years Ago

hehehe Yeah, syllabus-making, still. tsk3 how about you? watchadoin'?
Belle

10 Years Ago

Just done with two syllabi, and now re-reading Beowulf. Ooops, don't ever laugh. I've read the tale .. read more
Sir Joe

10 Years Ago

Wow! Good for you. I'm still down to 4 syllabi. =(
Strong and direct words in the poem. I like the strong and short statements. You made your point loud and clear in the poem. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sir Joe

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Coyote. =)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

451 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 13, 2013
Last Updated on June 13, 2013

Author

Sir Joe
Sir Joe

Stoneville, Oragonland, Pearl of the Orient Seas, Philippines



About
Writing is one way I preserve memories, ideas, thoughts, and moments. When I write, I feel I keep a record of the pieces of my existence. Through writing, my deepest emotions become unrestrained, the .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..