Help isn't always asked for.

Help isn't always asked for.

A Poem by John D'alquen
"

I wanted to say how it can feel to be in a bad place.

"
Rough times can not be seen on the horizon and what's round the corner can be unexpected. We can feel rejected and neglected,the promises we make to our selves are often broken as the week goes on,till all the happy feeling has all but gone. Feeling like we have a right to fight against an enemy that's not even in existence,making us go limp and tired from the anger we just get sadder. I know there are more problems people like me are seeing. I can't speak for us all but I believe this a time for a change and I want my message to be heard loud and clear. From looking around me,learning and yearning for a better life and peace of mind. I hate to sound blunt but life is for riding and taking control of the direction it goes. I'll admit I have sank and let my depression eat me from the inside till all I saw was dark clouds and No way out. There are 4 years I want back,they might not have been the best times I ever had. It was back then I used to really look after my self,my health was better then it is now. Though I feel like I been swept down a slippery slide I can always climb the ladder. So can any one else in this situation. A bit of effort is all that is needed just small steps to the bigger picture. A bad past can be hard to face,problems from it turn to mountains,then a volcano when it explodes. All the people you love won't be able to help you out when you mount the train to a dark and hard place.  Self harm and feeling of self loathing can escalate to suicide,I've been there seen it before,its ugly and leads to all your family and friends to worry then they grieve.  I have to say it doesn't have to be this way please keep trying,please keep healing. Get rid of all your baggage even if you have to face up to the facts some friends aren't worth keeping. Find a new hobby some thing you can create to share with other people, just a little suggestion. Do it for you and no one else,please see the positives and forget the negatives. Every one on this planet is unique and deserves to live in peace. 

© 2014 John D'alquen


Author's Note

John D'alquen
Be honest with your opinions.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is so difficult to do what we say we will, and sometimes to even muster the energy to set goals at all. This is an interesting piece that leaves me wanting to say, " sometimes all we can do is hold on" till the sunrise, till the date changes, till the darkness somehow thins and there is a hint of light. I feel this piece in my heart. We are human...bound to earth and its many unknowns. If we can make it just an hour, things can change. We cannot be too hard on ourselves, change is possible even if it may take more time than we would like.

Posted 8 Years Ago


John D'alquen

8 Years Ago

Thank you for the warm words
A good and uplifting write. Thank you for penning...:)..........

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 8, 2014
Last Updated on August 8, 2014
Tags: Depression, Addiction, Poem, Emotions

Author

John D'alquen
John D'alquen

United Kingdom



About
I'm new to writing,so I may make many mistakes. I write based of addictions and such things as depression. more..

Writing
Broken Broken

A Poem by John D'alquen