Sober

Sober

A Poem by John D'alquen
"

Just trying to stay sober and live a good life. Its really late and I need sleep.

"
Three days sober and not really sure if I can write any more. I'm tired but its to hot to actually sleep. I'll give it a try. I keep needing to piss. 

The hardest part of sobriety is the dreams of buying booze,whilst I snooze.
The feeling of guilt is apparent when the till goes ping.
Look what you are doing,you must run this won't be fun.
Night mares will turn to a waking freight mare.
Michael Myers or Freddy Kruger,eat your hearts out I am the worst monster To kill my self. 
Very few will feel the liver shiver as it tries to escape the body.
It feels grotty,faces will become spotty and unclean.
Health what wealth is there in this? Its a spite mare a torn man out control with no fans of his life. How intelligent self inflicted,no sympathy. 
You'll never get a wife looking like a drooling Frankenstein.
A life you would like needs a bike,do some exercise,get sex get pecks.
Ashamed of what you have needs a change for the good,a flood of tears and fears won't do.
Stay sober,stay happy

© 2014 John D'alquen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think its crap. Could do better,and strayed of the point with no actual flow.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
1 Review
Added on August 10, 2014
Last Updated on August 10, 2014
Tags: Sleep, Need, Sober, Poem, Bad, Hate, Future

Author

John D'alquen
John D'alquen

United Kingdom



About
I'm new to writing,so I may make many mistakes. I write based of addictions and such things as depression. more..

Writing
Broken Broken

A Poem by John D'alquen