2015 Sample Social Media Tactical Plan

2015 Sample Social Media Tactical Plan

A Story by john fosterdulles
"

We all know that social is a key part of modern marketing, but how do you get started? How can you be sure that your efforts on social are strategic, and that you aren't just "marketing at random"? To

"

2015 Sample Social Media Tactical Plan

We all know that social is a key part of modern marketing, but how do you get started? How can you be sure that your efforts on social are strategic, and that you aren't just "marketing at random"? To be successful on social, your social marketing strategy needs to include high-level objectives, as well as specific, granular action items. In other words, you need a social media tactical plan.

  • Key objectives and action items for your blog, social networks, videos, photos, and presentations
  • The number of hours your company will choose to devote to each facet of social marketing
  • How your goals might differ on networks like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and more
  • The most important, testable metrics for your social campaigns
Social Media

Put social media experts on brand and customer teams.

When social media operates from a separate group or from a separate location, there is a greater probability of poor integration. Instead, social media experts should be closely linked to the brand and customer teams so they are involved as soon as communication objectives have been established. buy instagram followers instantly This involvement pays off because social media experts are tuned in to the latest platforms and know what approaches generate interest from current and potential customers, fans, and enthusiasts. As a result, these experts can guide brand teams to the most effective results.

Balance in-house and agency expertise.

With so much to learn and social media moving at such a fast pace, many companies outsource social media activities to multiple agencies. This structure threatens the integration of social media because agencies rarely understand the totality of a company’s marketing strategy. This concern leads some companies to move more social media activities in house or utilize deep partnership models with their agencies.

Convert to purchase.

Social media is one of the very few places where companies can engage with their customers in an ongoing, personal, and real-time manner. As such, it can serve as a key touch point that brings the company’s marketing strategy to its raison d’être�"purchase. If, for example, a follower posts she buy followers on instagram app is going shopping for a particular item, companies can respond with a tweet containing helpful information or personalized discounts, and/or promotions.

Be willing to say no.

Given the buzz surrounding social media, every brand or customer-facing function likely wants its own Facebook page and Twitter account. Marketing leaders need to hold the line and decide which social media platforms are ideal for a given brand from a strategic and customer point of view. Controlling social media access through a social media group ensures that someone is accountable and knowledgeable about the best ways to use it as part of a company’s or brand’s marketing strategy.

© 2015 john fosterdulles


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on April 2, 2015
Last Updated on April 2, 2015
Tags: social media, social business, seo

Author

john fosterdulles
john fosterdulles

California, CA



About
To be successful on social, your social marketing strategy needs to include high-level objectives, as well as specific, granular action items. In other words, you need a social media tactical plan. more..

Writing